State of the Market State of the Market - Page 314
Page 314 of 362 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Posts 3,131 to 3,140 of 3611

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by GigiBronz View Post
    It could be a foolish question, but does IR35 in any way apply to larger consultancies that supply bodies to the client but in terms of the 3 pillars and respect them only partially? Sure they have the right of substitution but direction and control is always there...
    Most of the consultants working for large consultancies aren't owners of the consultancy. They are on PAYE already and thus the consultancy is already paying employers NI.

If the consultant was actually a contractor then the consultancy would need to decide whether they were inside/outside IR35 as they are the "employer" ... that's my understanding any way.

Nervous Newbie

Started contract at clientco last year in a small team of contractors. Clientco started talk regarding ir35 determination and I quietly mentioned to them that anything other than outside and I would leave (all the other contractors were of the same opinion). They decided to defer decision until new year and now have come back and said my contract is outside.

I've been lucky that my clientco has taken the time to understand the regulations and then decide that they do not apply to me (and my team). I guess the other big factor was that they would lose their team if they took the quick blanket, least risk approach.

It's not all doom and gloom so hang in there.

Changed my LinkedIn status to available yesterday and I got nothing... Usually would have influx of messages and phone calls. Checked Jobserve out and there is a handful of poor paying perm jobs and 0 contracts.

I know I have been seriously looking for no more than 24 hours but the mood music has certainly changed.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
    Changed my LinkedIn status to available yesterday and I got nothing... Usually would have influx of messages and phone calls. Checked Jobserve out and there is a handful of poor paying perm jobs and 0 contracts.

I know I have been seriously looking for no more than 24 hours but the mood music has certainly changed.
    And it's actually picked up since Christmas!

Not much around at the moment. Even the irrelevant phone calls have stopped. It is difficult to say if this is due to

- the usual jan/feb lull
    - the IR35 debacle
    - not being a DevOps god
    - statistical noise

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by unixman View Post
    Not much around at the moment. Even the irrelevant phone calls have stopped. It is difficult to say if this is due to

- the usual jan/feb lull
    - the IR35 debacle
    - not being a DevOps god
    - statistical noise
    Can you do DevOps? OR, can you do it but you don't know that you can?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Still gathering requirements...

- the usual jan/feb lull
    - the IR35 debacle
    - not being a DevOps god
    - statistical noise
    I've not been contracting for decades, but from the few years I have been - I'd say it's more than the typical seasonal lull.

Should post faster

- the usual jan/feb lull
    - the IR35 debacle
    - not being a DevOps god
    - statistical noise
    You forgot
    - Brexit

Still gathering requirements...

- the usual jan/feb lull
    - the IR35 debacle
    - not being a DevOps god
    - statistical noise
    Jobs sites have been dead for 6 months at least. Get 1 call a fortnight maybe.

I dont know how all these 1000s of 'recruitment consultancies' survive.

Contract almost up now expecting to have to go perm if anyone will take a 40 year old ex contractor.

Godlike

Anyone heard of Big Talent Group?

They seem to be looking for independent associates

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1725974812