State of the Market State of the Market - Page 381
Page 381 of 417 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Posts 3,801 to 3,810 of 4163
  1. #3801

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yes, I have asked my accountant.
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Today on Jobserve

    17% of all UK contracts require active SC or DV security clearance.

    Also it seems Covid has tightened the entry requirement further.
    e.g.

    "Current valid SC cleared mandatory, due to Covid_19 restrictions."

    ...Without explaining why

    Maybe they were relaxed about it for people working in-person, and thought "OK we need to take it seriously if we're never going to meet them"

  2. #3802

    Super poster

    CheeseSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melting on your hamburger
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Maybe they were relaxed about it for people working in-person, and thought "OK we need to take it seriously if we're never going to meet them"
    Possibly, however for SC it's a paper process and you never meet the vetting agency directly.

    Just seen this link on the Security Clearance thread on this forum:

    Coronavirus: Changes to UKSV Services - GOV.UK

    UKSV is currently operating, with a significantly reduced workforce, in support of the COVID-19 containment effort.
    As such the need to reduce to a minimum business as usual workflow is crucial. We therefore ask that you initiate only those cases which relate directly to COVID-19 or are within the Priority category. All other vetting activity will be processed only when UKSV capacity allows. Our telephone lines are now closed however you can still contact us via email for urgent enquiries at UKSV-ContactUs@mod.gov.uk.
    Please only contact us if your enquiry is business critical.
    So basically security clearance is a firmly closed shop during Covid.
    There could even be a 'shortage' of cleared applicants which is doubly unhelpful with so many people on the bench.

  3. #3803

    More time posting than coding

    GigiBronz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    on the run
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Today on Jobserve

    17% of all UK contracts require active SC or DV security clearance.

    Also it seems Covid has tightened the entry requirement further.
    e.g.

    "Current valid SC cleared mandatory, due to Covid_19 restrictions."

    ...Without explaining why

    For the non essential work companies are probably delaying the projects - putting people on furlough while getting compensated by the gov.
    When things get back to normal they will decide if they need to put out a product or not. => no new roles

    For the essential work / critical work that probably comes with Security Clearance requirement attached, they need to compensate for the drop in productivity associated with WFH.
    Hence adding more heads to the project. => new roles

    On a more positive note, received an offer out of the blue, perm role. Interesting project, south of London, commutable from Kent.
    Environment should be quite laid back(after the customary first few months) maybe a cottage and some hens in plan...
    Doesn't sound like me but lately I've discovered that I quite enjoy nature. (moved out of London just before the lockdown)
    With the pandemic, London and crowded areas a no go for some time, might be exactly what I have been looking for...

    The telly marks for each performance review could be done with blood but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

  4. #3804

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    That's hilarious.

    Not that I care, but what did MyCo actually travel, of those 260 miles a day?
    Only claimed what was travelled. I'm a chancer, not a thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #3805

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Only claimed what was travelled. I'm a chancer, not a thief.
    The question was, what was Travelled? Not what was Claimed. No inference on moralities...

    You seem to have charged the 260x0.58 and you claimed (presumably from YourCo) what was travelled. My question was the disparity of that which was charged to claimed.

    Anyway, the moment might have been lost.

  6. #3806

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    The question was, what was Travelled? Not what was Claimed. No inference on moralities...

    You seem to have charged the 260x0.58 and you claimed (presumably from YourCo) what was travelled. My question was the disparity of that which was charged to claimed.

    Anyway, the moment might have been lost.
    Sorry got banned, hence the delay in replying.

    So MyCo billed the client (agency I guess) for the 58p per mile. I claimed from MyCo the HMRC rates for mileage (40p per mile for 1st 10,000 and then 25p? can't remember).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  7. #3807

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yes, I have asked my accountant.
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sorry got banned, hence the delay in replying.

    So MyCo billed the client (agency I guess) for the 58p per mile. I claimed from MyCo the HMRC rates for mileage (40p per mile for 1st 10,000 and then 25p? can't remember).
    And were 260 miles driven in the car each day?

  8. #3808

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    And were 260 miles driven in the car each day?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #3809

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sorry got banned, hence the delay in replying.
    Yeah, for 'abusing tags'.

    What on earth IS that? Not for amusement, but just in case I (or anyone else) fall into that trap.

  10. #3810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Yeah, for 'abusing tags'.

    What on earth IS that? Not for amusement, but just in case I (or anyone else) fall into that trap.
    For example: #YouLostGetOverIt. Don't add that sort of "passive aggressive" fluff to an Old Greg thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •