State of the Market State of the Market - Page 512
Page 512 of 564 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562 ... LastLast
Posts 5,111 to 5,120 of 5633
  1. #5111

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsc View Post
    Even if productivity was to fall initially surely they can manage this somehow and still make a killer saving on offices leases. This is why I don't get anyone thinking of pushing people back into the office.
    1.4 millio is the price of 15 people who each earn 70k after pension and employer ni

    So they have saved 15 people but 300 people have 30% less productivity ??

    I just don’t buy this whole wfh and I do think people will be back in the office once it is safe

  2. #5112

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    25,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsc View Post
    Even if productivity was to fall initially surely they can manage this somehow and still make a killer saving on offices leases. This is why I don't get anyone thinking of pushing people back into the office.
    Remember what Tabera said productivity is often up but it does depend on where you are. Well paid workers probably have separate home offices that make working from home easier as without it its very hard work. I moved Mrs Eek into the spare room within hours of her working from home as you can't really work in a shared space and the dining room table is in the middle of the house.

    Home working can be highly productive but you do need additional space to make it practical.

    Going forward I see a great future in locally / community based workspaces that companies use for staff without the space to work from home but not until lock down ends..
    Last edited by eek; 21st September 2020 at 07:04.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #5113

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    Sorry folks, busy week. I’d been out for about 7 weeks. When I went perm, the war chest changed format to help family and reduce mortgages (length and size thereof) as well as switching from two pcp vehicles to two bought outright that we were happy to run into the ground. Long term plan is looking promising compared to having to worry about whether I’ll be living away for six months at a time. The epiphany that hit me just over two years ago is now a reality.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #5114

    Default State of the Market

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    1.4 millio is the price of 15 people who each earn 70k after pension and employer ni

    So they have saved 15 people but 300 people have 30% less productivity ??

    I just don’t buy this whole wfh and I do think people will be back in the office once it is safe
    Its better for company because you can also get rid of cleaners, maintainance, canteen, car parking, security, etc

    Average person in company is saving £7k commuting costs (largest was 22K) + 15 hours week commuting time each

    Not going back to the old ways


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  5. #5115

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Going forward I see a great future in locally / community based workspaces that companies use for staff without the space to work from home but not until lock down ends..
    ^^ Same.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  6. #5116

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    64

    Default

    UK stocks, RIP, thanks boris and WHO

  7. #5117

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    My current co has cancelled there office lease (3 floors hundreds of people) starting next June , already told everyone they can work from home forever

    Some people paying £10-£15K just on commuting alone + 20 hour commuting are delighted, all the youngsters not form London have already moved back to the shires and saving £1200 a month in rent each

    Company saving £1.4 million in office costs per year

    Productivity up 30%

    Feck the landlords in London and tFL and other city sandwich shops and pubs going bust

    I live 10 mins from canary wharf it’s a ghost town


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    such a selfish post, 1/5 of UK lives in London

  8. #5118

    Super poster

    nomadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Location. Location!
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by founder View Post
    such a selfish post, 1/5 of UK lives in London
    And Russia. And China. And India. And Eastern Europe.

    Very popular place, is London. A struggle if you only speak English, mind.
    nomadd liked this post

  9. #5119

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Its better for company because you can also get rid of cleaners, maintainance, canteen, car parking, security, etc

    Average person in company is saving £7k commuting costs (largest was 22K) + 15 hours week commuting time each

    Not going back to the old ways


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    So you are going to take a pay cut of 10K because you dont have after tax commute costs of 7k? Did not think so.

  10. #5120

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by founder View Post
    such a selfish post, 1/5 of UK lives in London
    No it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •