• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by founder View Post
    I turned down a rec with a position of £400 pd, I wont play the clients cheap game. I'd rather build a few startups with my time and warchest.
    if it were 100% remote, I would have accepted with a weekly payment terms.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      The exact same contract ad has been posted by about 10 agencies now

Recession does bring out the worst among receuiters.
      Indeed, but IntectSelect guys in particular not only run these fake job ads, they actually put you through some torture and process, waste your time, and finally you get to know that you were chasing a fake job after a lot of torture and time lapse.

Been there, hence alerted!

What a bunch of low lives they are! Dear me!

Comment

Just had an an actual phone call for an actual agent who provided a job spec.

Looks like I might not be suitable but small victories!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          The bottom feeders are starting to come back..

I received a voicemail the other day:

"Hi CS, its Alex here, we've spoken before.
          I'm keen to find out what you're current doing as my client in London has a role I think you're a good fit for
          Please give me a call back on my number. Its 07..."

The next morning I call them back telling them I received their voicemail:

"Oh Hi CS, can I put you on hold for a second?
          (puts me on hold whilst they rifle through looking for my CV)
          thanks for holding, we've never spoken before...
          My client in London is looking for... blah blah blah blah... " (goes nowhere)

I've sort of missed these stupid sorts of calls during the quiet pandemic months..
          Sounds like cloudstreamglobal

Just beware they are a direct front for Wipro, and they lure people into their roles (that does not exist) to harvest CVs for Wipro.

Time wasters indeed! Stay clear of them!
          Last edited by CosmicWave; 24 September 2020, 11:37.

Comment

After some sign of life in the past few weeks, the situation has gotten very bad very quickly.

In the last 2 weeks I had:

- 1 contract role that was pulled by client after my cv was submitted and had an initial conversation wit the agent
            - 1 contract role that was advertised as being at its last stages of approval...also scrapped (didn't even apply for it)
            - 1 rejection from a permie role I wouldn't have touched with a 10-foot pole 12 months ago

6 weeks, then it's very likely to be bench time for me

Comment

4 interviews all went well, zero offers.

2 more interviews lined up tomorrow, both perm with mediocre salaries which I applied for beginning of August.

Luckily my former client gave me a call, said it was for a week. That week is turning into a month now. More work on the horizon. Even these little tit bits make me want to hang on to contracting and reject permie land. But is it sustainable.

Comment

Benched last year for 6 months, started beginning of this year and was contracted until end of 2020, but now bobbed off (all other contractors either laid off or massive rate cut).

Any how, my question: anyone heard of these agencies that have suddenly popped up on job serve? :

tecknuovo
                Parker Shaw
                Smart Sourcing
                Ventula Consulting
                Syntax

I'd not come across these before a few weeks ago, now offering what seem to be very suspicious (too high) rates for roles. Nothing from the usual players.

Suspect it's just the usual non-existent roles/cv harvesting, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelpension View Post
                  Benched last year for 6 months, started beginning of this year and was contracted until end of 2020, but now bobbed off (all other contractors either laid off or massive rate cut).

Any how, my question: anyone heard of these agencies that have suddenly popped up on job serve? :

tecknuovo
                  Parker Shaw
                  Smart Sourcing
                  Ventula Consulting
                  Syntax

I'd not come across these before a few weeks ago, now offering what seem to be very suspicious (too high) rates for roles. Nothing from the usual players.

Suspect it's just the usual non-existent roles/cv harvesting, but I could be wrong.
                  Many agents who have lost their job in this Corona pandemic have started their own recruitment companies. It's worth giving it a try after all they were in touch with the actual client's hiring manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelpension View Post

tecknuovo
                    Parker Shaw
                    Smart Sourcing
                    Ventula Consulting
                    Syntax

There is an agency called Smartsourcing that are legit. Stoke-based. I finished a contract gotten through them in Feb. Worked with them for 5+ years and had no payment issues etc. Decent rate too although that was before, you know...

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                      if it were 100% remote, I would have accepted with a weekly payment terms.
                      turns out 400 was just a hook, client said Max could pay 300. Why didn't even put those stupid things in the email

Comment

Working...
                      X