State of the Market State of the Market - Page 554
Page 554 of 596 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564 ... LastLast
Posts 5,531 to 5,540 of 5959

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    When I say IT Director, I'm talking about the person who is leading the whole technology function. In my experience, I've never come across an organisation that would outsource that role.

What sort of organisations would?
    How long has it been since you've been where you are right now?

It's becoming more common to outsource the entire it function to an MSP. Some companies retain a CIO or it director but not all. Some will just manage the IT function as an expense line.

Client I am with right now which is a decent sized medium enterprise with 15000+ employees has a completely outsourced IT function to an MSP, no senior IT leadership exists in the company. Finance just manages it as an expense. This causes problems of course but it's definitely happening more often than you think.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by jayn200 View Post
    How long has it been since you've been where you are right now?

It's becoming more common to outsource the entire it function to an MSP. Some companies retain a CIO or it director but not all. Some will just manage the IT function as an expense line.

Client I am with right now which is a decent sized medium enterprise with 15000+ employees has a completely outsourced IT function to an MSP, no senior IT leadership exists in the company. Finance just manages it as an expense. This causes problems of course but it's definitely happening more often than you think.
    Given that a modern company nowadays is really an IT firm with whatever it does on top - outsourcing everything would be a very brave decision...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Tech Project Manager 12 Month Contract £125 Per Day

Hi GOT

I am currently looking for a Tech Project Manager to start ASAP for a 1 year contract ( Outside of IR35).
    Ideally looking for someone who is Mid level.

This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to make a huge impact within a rapidly growing start-up. They have an incredible company culture offering flexible working hours and a fun and energetic team environment.

You will be working closely with the Tech and Marketing team! You will be running sprints, working on Jira Ticketing etc

Please get in touch with your latest CV if you are interested interviews will be as early as tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Could have been worse - inside IR35

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Given that a modern company nowadays is really an IT firm with whatever it does on top - outsourcing everything would be a very brave decision...
    Well define outsourcing? Not offshoring. MSPs are mostly local companies. You have the same individuals coming in every day. The dynamic changes a bit because they are trying to sell to you as well as provide whatever existing services. Mostly you'll have access to greater number of resources but for less overall time since you're sharing them with other clients. There are advantages and issues with that. More issues imo but I've had this argument several time over last few years.

Not every company is so IT dependent. Lots of brick and mortar industries that still do most things face to face and IT is purely supportive.

Super poster

Not every company is so IT dependent. Lots of brick and mortar industries that still do most things face to face and IT is purely supportive.
    I think under the current circumstances changing this and improving the digital offering will be at the forefront of their minds.

bored now

Well define outsourcing? Not offshoring. MSPs are mostly local companies. You have the same individuals coming in every day. The dynamic changes a bit because they are trying to sell to you as well as provide whatever existing services. Mostly you'll have access to greater number of resources but for less overall time since you're sharing them with other clients. There are advantages and issues with that. More issues imo but I've had this argument several time over last few years.

You started off claiming that an IT director's job would be outsourced yet you are now talking about the sort of MSP that small firms use because they really only need a few hours of IT support a week (if that).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by heyya99 View Post
    Sounds like more of a problem of company than perm v contract.
    True. I am in a perm role and it is nothing like that.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    You started off claiming that an IT director's job would be outsourced yet you are now talking about the sort of MSP that small firms use because they really only need a few hours of IT support a week (if that).
    How did I talk about that? I think maybe I didn't communicate well.

What if you have 3000 brick and mortar across the country do multi billion annual revenue but dont need a concentration of resources in one particular area?

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    I genuinely can't believe there are people here naively thinking the world is chugging on as normal.
    I can't believe it either but that is the gift of these kind of boards.

If you did not consider the soon-to-be-homeless I.T woman begging for a job outside Stockport station as a wake-up call then your head is deeply in the sand.

And yes, said woman did get a job, the same way the London Bridge I.T man, the bloke with the big white sign, got a job eventually in 2008 but crikey people, i think some of your market activity compasses are way out.

Should post faster

watch this, .... objectively, like Jack Reacher

London Real with David Icke FULL Interview - BANNED from Youtube