• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still benched, not looking hard but seeing what's going. Been offered the chance to go back to my old gig for a bit but it's a very long commute and not very stimulating work, rate is average.

Thinking about finding a WFH perm job and taking a year to travel around europe + work. Dunno if that's feasible though.

Comment

One first stage interview confirmed, three other roles I have been put forward for. Not a bad start to the week.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Unboomed due to 'budget rethink' I asked if it was Brexit related and response was 'unofficially and indirectly... yes...' Somewhat of an irony given my apathy around it all (and politics in general).

Client is within insurance sector.

In other news 4 interviews this week. Seems everyone is back from summer hols and getting roles signed off.

I agree with the poster who previously said it's a bipolar existence

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        There seem to be about 100 agents per gig at the moment.
        This is also true. It got so daft last week I applied to all the agencies advertising one role just to see who was quickest off the mark. No kidding they all called within minutes of each other
        Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
          I agree with the poster who previously said it's a bipolar existence

I'm back on my downers today
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

No news?
            Permietractor (probably)

Comment

keep your chin up, good time to book a cheap as chips break in the canaries

I think the market will re-boot from 2nd week in Jan.

Comment

Something will turn up, it always does.

Comment

What is it you do?
                  If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Had a phone interview today some of which sounded suspiciously like them fishing for solutions to exisiting issues they're experiencing. Not particularly bothered about getting it since it's five days on site, it's in London and it's not a brilliant rate. Which probably means I'll get it
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post

No news?
                      A strong "no thank you", waiting on the rest to see if they're going to interview.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X