• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iainb View Post
    I saw a job advertised yesterday for an Access/Excel Developer £16-£20 p/h, directly underneath it a dump truck driver £16 p/h... nice to be valued
    If I was a dump truck driver I would feel quite insulted that I'm only being offered similar money to an Access/Excel developer

Comment

I saw a job advertised yesterday for an Access/Excel Developer £16-£20 p/h, directly underneath it a dump truck driver £16 p/h... nice to be valued
      I'd say the comparison is particularly pertinent.

Both typically involve taking something and dumping it somewhere else

Comment

I saw a job advertised yesterday for an Access/Excel Developer
        Is this still a thing ?

Comment

Should you be posting while driving?

Comment

I got the call i usually get whilst looking.

The call you dread. This time with added IR35 bells.

Bob Shell company.

250pd in Erksine. onsite 5 days. caught inside IR35.

All i need now is similar offer to go work in Newcastle for the same rate in 5-4-3-2-.....

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh at this. It is true of how the market is going with pay however some agents are chancers.

I have 2 agents call me up for the same role. One offered £340 a day and the other £550 a day. I laughed at the £340 guy as the skill set was extremely Niche.

Comment

Agencies now wanting me to go on inside ir35 now to make it easier for the banks come april 2020.

Got got a another inside ir53 role offering 35 an hour.. normally im 70

Market is ded

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                  Agencies now wanting me to go on inside ir35 now to make it easier for the banks come april 2020.

Market is ded
                  They are probably thinking that normally contracts are roughly double perm pay, so they now offer 50% of contract rate as it's inside / perm ?

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

Market is ded
                    I doubt that this is anything to do with making their life easier. More likely is that the role is already considered inside IR35 and will be publicly stated as such come the cut-over. You'd be best to assume that all roles are inside from now on and take a chance on those that look to be more "outside" than the others.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

For those intending to jump ship because of IR35 this will give you an idea of how the market is

Email this morning

Hi,

Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this role. We have had over 600 responses and so realistically I am not going to be able to call everyone individually, but I wanted to get in touch to thank you for your application.

Since my original email the client has provided more detail on the role and so please find the final information below. If you are still interested based on the this, please get back to me and (depending on the number of responses) I will give you a call to discuss.

Wow will soon be in the thousands

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X