• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was wondering the same...

Comment

How is the BA / PM / Scrum master market looking in Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland these days? I left the contracting world in October after 9 years for a perm role that is going not too bad (although a lot out of my comfort zone). I said to myself I'd always give it 18 months / 2 years or so and then see how the market is looking.

Is it looking like the death of day rate limited company contracting as we know it, and as the worst case scenarios were predicted? I've heard from a few ex colleagues in one of the big banks that as well as the shift away from PSCs, they are cutting lots of budgets and a good few folk have been punted.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Badrinath View Post
        How is the BA / PM / Scrum master market looking in Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland these days?
        tulip.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

How is the BA / PM / Scrum master market looking in Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland these days? I left the contracting world in October after 9 years for a perm role that is going not too bad (although a lot out of my comfort zone). I said to myself I'd always give it 18 months / 2 years or so and then see how the market is looking.

Is it looking like the death of day rate limited company contracting as we know it, and as the worst case scenarios were predicted? I've heard from a few ex colleagues in one of the big banks that as well as the shift away from PSCs, they are cutting lots of budgets and a good few folk have been punted.
          Head Resourcing are advertising several roles but most seem to be inside or as yet undetermined.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            tulip.
            Wrong wrong wrong

Some tulip is warm

PM/scrum masters roles have been retired now

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Wrong wrong wrong

Some tulip is warm

PM/scrum masters roles have been retired now
              I was contacted this week about via LinkedIn for 2 roles (one outside, one inside at 30% higher than the outside rate). And I'm not even down as "open for opportunities" on LinkedIn. I've also been contacted about a few perm roles but the package for those (base + bonus + pensions etc) are only about the same as the equivalent role via an Umbrella. This is all within the last week. I'm based in central Scotland.
              Last edited by Paralytic; 30 January 2020, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Head Resourcing are advertising several roles but most seem to be inside or as yet undetermined.
                Sainsbury's or Tesco Bank is what they normally cover - All Paye

Comment

The market will sort itself out over time, even the banks once they see the size of their consultancy bills from the usual crowd spiral. There are only so many perm Director (£120k bass) and Executive Director (£160k base) roles they can hold on their books.

Publicly available rate cards for some of the vendors are currently reading £2,800 per day for a director level equivalent consultant. back in pre-financial bubble it was £1,450 pd.

Change is always presenting opportunities I think we will see some timely wage inflation due to the musical chairs.

I suppose what I am saying is that the humble, flexible, intern contractor still is offering great value for money, it’s just that many businesses have forgotten what they should be paying and are about to be reminded via their finance teams

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
                    Sainsbury's or Tesco Bank is what they normally cover - All Paye
                    If you go on Linkedin and check at their jobs, tescobank is hiring like crazy. ALL PERMANENT ROLES.

Project Manager (x7)
                    Business Analyst (x7)
                    IT Project Manager (x13)

and a few more.

This volume of job adverts means that either a lot of contractors don't want to move to inside ir35 and are leaving OR, more likely, tesco bank is cutting contractors altogether.

Do we have anyone working there at the moment who can shed some light?

Comment

The exiting tech lead here has hooked me up at the company he is going too - telephone interview passed. Interview Monday. Fingers crossed.

Outside IR35 and strong rate - there is hope people

.net core / aws / kubernetes role - Manchester
                      Last edited by dx4100; 30 January 2020, 13:18.

Comment

Working...
                      X