• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    To add to the joy of this thread - update from dave Chaplin

Dave Chaplin on LinkedIn: #offpayrolltax #stoptheoffpayrolltax #ir35 | 50 comments

50% of contractors now cut

Anther 25% to be cut by 29th March

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    I find those figures a bit difficult to swallow to be honest. Half of all contractors cut? I haven't seen anything like that on the ground.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I find those figures a bit difficult to swallow to be honest. Half of all contractors cut? I haven't seen anything like that on the ground.
      Dave mostly has his head in the clouds, so you may want to check up there.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        At my place, we've got three new contractor starting this week. I would be surprised if they start cutting. It would cost them a lot more to bin the project than it would to continue.
        If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

If you read the APSCo reference, it said "up to 50%"

It's a meaningless statement loved by marketeers everywhere to influence those too lazy to read.

Of course, DC's headline decided to miss out that important detail.

(reading the comments does highlight again that many people don't understand what being a contractor is, include a sub-thread about hiring a contract lawyer because a client is only paying for days worked and not the "notice period")
          Last edited by Paralytic; 24 March 2020, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
            Yeah, by midday today on Jobserve, anything with the word Project in the title numbered 10 roles... gulp.
            And, quite randomly, by 9:06 today, there are 19 roles up...!

I might have to stop commenting on this...

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
              And, quite randomly, by 9:06 today, there are 19 roles up...!

I might have to stop commenting on this...
              Please do. And everything else....

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                At my place, we've got three new contractor starting this week. I would be surprised if they start cutting. It would cost them a lot more to bin the project than it would to continue.
                I am a contractor at a major Bank in the City (unfortunately). Was in a meeting last week with management and they said that all global permie positions have now been frozen and they were only allowed to hire contractors in London and India.

Certainly surprised a lot of us.

Comment

One of the large Swiss Banks in London has terminated its Finance contractors, pending decision on the IR35 postponement.

Nothing like leaving it late eh?

You wonder how these people manage to "go potty" on their own and I'm not talking about going mad!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Dave mostly has his head in the clouds, so you may want to check up there.
                    He's a man on a mission. Kneel before him.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      He's a man on a mission. Kneel before him.
                      While he bends over and you can stick your nose up his bum....

Comment

Working...
                      X