• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why android? The revenue side of android app pales compared to iOS - apple users are happy to spend money, android users don't
    Don't have any iOS devices, can't be arsed with Apple.

Tbh more chance of success with my Plan D - win lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
      Don't have any iOS devices, can't be arsed with Apple.

Tbh more chance of success with my Plan D - win lottery.
      Plan D? A lottery win is my Plan A, B and C

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Plan D? A lottery win is my Plan A, B and C
        My plan A is to win the lottery, B is to marry someone who won the lottery, C is to rob someone who won the lottery, and D is to rob the lottery.

Comment

I have so far today seen 3 different stories about projects been stood down / cancelled and resources looking for work.

Sadly the last thing I need is developers, it's sales and pre-sales people.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I have so far today seen 3 different stories about projects been stood down / cancelled and resources looking for work.

Sadly the last thing I need is developers, it's sales and pre-sales people.
            Can you imagine a world without salespeople?

⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              My plan A is to win the lottery, B is to marry someone who won the lottery, C is to rob someone who won the lottery, and D is to rob the lottery.
              Plan D has already been achieved but, the guy was eventually caught and sent down for about 15 years IIRC. Oh, and he didnt get to keep the lottery 'win.'

Good luck.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                Can you imagine a world without salespeople?

I can only avoid salesmen by doing that job myself and I hate it so I will leave it to others.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Plan D has already been achieved but, the guy was eventually caught and sent down for about 15 years IIRC. Oh, and he didnt get to keep the lottery 'win.'

Good luck.
                  I am focusing on plans A, B and C first. If it comes to D, I will self-isolate with my ill-gotten gains and burn them to keep warm as the apocalypse progresses.

Comment

I've just seen 3 posts on LinkedIn from recruitment agents saying they have been furloughed or made redundant. One had just sent off my CV!

In other news, I've been getting a lot of calls today. Maybe the remaining agents are scrambling hard.

Comment

I've had a couple of calls about roles... even an interview scheduled for Friday!

My heart sank when I learnt that a career BA robot would be sitting in on the interview. Those NEVER go well.

More talking about projects (future tense), less examination, PLEASE!
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X