• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    No, why? You know agents are hiring?
    When did not having an actual role ever stop them calling you?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I had one call today about a remote role. Big consultancy firm. Good rate.

Sounded legit until he followed up with an email asking for permission to represent along with "two references".

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        I had one call today about a remote role. Big consultancy firm. Good rate.

Sounded legit until he followed up with an email asking for permission to represent along with "two references".

It's taken a week but I do think the market has ground to a complete stop.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

well, two of my three possibilities have now gone down the pan and the other looks only 50/50 at best. But yeah, the market is absolute tulipe at the moment. IR35 killed it and Corona nailed the coffin lid shut. I'm getting too old for this tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
            well, two of my three possibilities have now gone down the pan and the other looks only 50/50 at best. But yeah, the market is absolute tulipe at the moment. IR35 killed it and Corona nailed the coffin lid shut. I'm getting too old for this tulip.
            I think you can separate things out.

Corona has changed the world entirely - IR35 is a miniature anthill in comparison.

Comment

I just got an email from one of the many useless job websites I registered my CV on that they are closing up shop. First time for that.

Comment

Just over 5000 jobs on Jobserve today, fill ya boots
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Just over 5000 jobs on Jobserve today, fill ya boots
                  For comparison - it was around 14,500 two week ago - and I seem to recall it was about 25,000 in the middle of last year ...
                  "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
                    For comparison - it was around 14,500 two week ago - and I seem to recall it was about 25,000 in the middle of last year ...
                    It was over 20,000 a couple of weeks ago as I remember thinking that's a lot higher than usual.

Comment

Impossible to say probably I know but I'd still be curious as to what you all think will happen when(if) things start to recover?

Is it going to be a cup runneth over situation / turning down many offers? Will it trickle back to a weak version of 'normal'? Are we all doomed?? Or...??
                      Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Working...
                      X