• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    Half the normal rate is better than zero...
    Half the past rate

Will be current and future rate for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
      As I said, OOP is dead imo.
      And being replaced with what?

Comment

Half normal rate or not, unless you are a Gentleman Contractor who can pick and choose contracts and sit the storm out, don't take liberties and take whatever you can in this market.

Comment

Agencies in difficulty?

As with the last crash a number of agencies either joined with others or disappeared entirely
          I found that checking the company name against accounts posted (at Companies House) lets you know if :
          A/ the company has been dissolved even with the website still running (as an example Orgtel)
          B/ its financial accounts health in the past year (not as accurate, however does show if incomes are low)
          Anyone heard of any agencies shutting up shop?

Comment

Just boomed the best rate of my career (two in a row, in fact).

Call the chancellor - tell him I'm coming off furlough
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Just boomed the best rate of my career (two in a row, in fact).

Call the chancellor - tell him I'm coming off furlough

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin232 View Post
                I found that checking the company name against accounts posted (at Companies House) lets you know if :
                This is a good advice. I dodged few bullets, by doing some basic screening of potential clients.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
                  From what I've seen, a mixture.

Old school "OOP" led to many fake objects...

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
                    You can use OOP if what you are dealing with can be represented by hierarchy of objects, otherwise just use good old functional or structured programming.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                      You can use OOP if what you are dealing with can be represented by hierarchy of objects, otherwise just use good old functional or structured programming.
                      It's rare hierarchies are used, composition over inheritance and all that. Having looked at Infosys code that used 9 levels of inheritance for exception handling, each invoking a super class and doing contradictory things along the way, including checks at the lowest level for circumstance that could never happen due to being handled higher up the chain, thank ***** for that..

Comment

Working...
                      X