• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Congrats. Precisely what happened to me as well. The very best rate I have always dreamed of. I even thought it was a typo
    Congrats. I always love those ones.

Many years ago, I agreed a rate of £500 pd and MyCo would cover travel expenses to client site. Due to being messed around which agency the client wanted to use, the paperwork came back as £571.43 pd with the wrong geographical base so MyCo billed client for 260 miles per day @ 58p per mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Many years ago, I agreed a rate of £500 pd and MyCo would cover travel expenses to client site. Due to being messed around which agency the client wanted to use, the paperwork came back as £571.43 pd with the wrong geographical base so MyCo billed client for 260 miles per day @ 58p per mile.
      That's hilarious.

Not that I care, but what did MyCo actually travel, of those 260 miles a day?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

My best ever: £1200/day.

Reason?

"Because we thought you worked for IBM and that's what they normally charge us."

If only I could find fools like that these days.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Just got contacted by a recruiter asking if I know any pm looking for roles. £250 inside ir35. Good luck with that...

Plenty roles like this out there. So yeah, the market is booming!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            My best ever: £1200/day.

Reason?

"Because we thought you worked for IBM and that's what they normally charge us."

If only I could find fools like that these days.
            The best ever that I recall was ~£5000/day because we all thought it would take longer than a couple of days. I have no doubt that some on retainer/use it or lose it could beat that by infinity. OTOH, I've had some massive FUBARs in the other direction, perhaps even minimum wage low with some of the earlier fixed price gigs I estimated.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Just got contacted by a recruiter asking if I know any pm looking for roles. £250 inside ir35. Good luck with that...

Plenty roles like this out there. So yeah, the market is booming!!!
              I can beat that. I just went to LinkedIn - first post (might well be the same role)

3 x Project Manager Contract Opportunities - Edinburgh or Glasgow - Remote with some potential site visits. 12 Week Contract to work on Covid Responses- £225 per day - Inside IR35.

My client are looking for 3 project managers to work initially remotely on Covid response projects. NHS experience is highly welcomed!
              If you have "Minute taking skills", you can also get this for £150/day

Project Support Officer (Edinburgh or Glasgow) - Edinburgh Scotland - May-19-2020 (Hz9yY)

#ClapForContractors
              Last edited by Paralytic; 19 May 2020, 16:13.

Comment

Today on Jobserve

17% of all UK contracts require active SC or DV security clearance.

Also it seems Covid has tightened the entry requirement further.
                e.g.

"Current valid SC cleared mandatory, due to Covid_19 restrictions."

...Without explaining why

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Today on Jobserve

17% of all UK contracts require active SC or DV security clearance.

Also it seems Covid has tightened the entry requirement further.
                  e.g.

"Current valid SC cleared mandatory, due to Covid_19 restrictions."

...Without explaining why

They won't be able to tell you, because GDPR.

Comment

Dire
                    Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      I can beat that. I just went to LinkedIn - first post (might well be the same role)

If you have "Minute taking skills", you can also get this for £150/day

Project Support Officer (Edinburgh or Glasgow) - Edinburgh Scotland - May-19-2020 (Hz9yY)

#ClapForContractors
                      Probably same roles as also the one I got contacted for was based in Edinburgh. Same roles different agency maybe. Just disheartening...

Comment

Working...
                      X