• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    I had a call today. Agent explained the big project that needs to be filled. It is in-scope, because they don't want to bother with IR35 at a rate that had me laughing. Agent then said that he is sorry about wasting my time and that he himself doubts the client will find anyone, but he gotta do his job.
    Got a call from this same lad again, he offered substantially higher rate, but still below acceptable level so I turned him down.

I had another call with an offer, which seems low for what needs to be done, but I could live with it. I said I need few days to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      Got a call from this same lad again, he offered substantially higher rate, but still below acceptable level so I turned him down.

I had another call with an offer, which seems low for what needs to be done, but I could live with it. I said I need few days to think about it.
      Yeah right

Comment

A tale of two contracts

1) Good rate from the off. One telephone interview, talking about the project. Straightforward exchange of information. Not too bothered about industry experience, variety is good. When can you start?

2) Below market rate of 5 years ago. Arsey questions about why I've only stayed in contracts for a few months recently. "If you're successful, you'll go onto a second round of interviews". "You seem more like a X person" (where X is the type of client I'd been fortunate to work with a few times).

Guess which one I'm gonna go with...
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          A tale of two contracts

1) Good rate from the off. One telephone interview, talking about the project. Straightforward exchange of information. Not too bothered about industry experience, variety is good. When can you start?

2) Below market rate of 5 years ago. Arsey questions about why I've only stayed in contracts for a few months recently. "If you're successful, you'll go onto a second round of interviews". "You seem more like a X person" (where X is the type of client I'd been fortunate to work with a few times).

Congrats!

Comment

A tale of two contracts

Hmm.. The one that can produce contract paperwork?

Comment

I've got a couple of interviews coming up from gigs I applied for in end of May. One of them is also on a rate from 5 years ago, the team sounds overworked and stressed out, and they're asking me for a presentation too.... which is nice

Its slow going but I feel lucky to have anything going on right now. My phone has been silent of any agent calls for the last 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                I've got a couple of interviews coming up from gigs I applied for in end of May. One of them is also on a rate from 5 years ago, the team sounds overworked and stressed out, and they're asking me for a presentation too.... which is nice

Its slow going but I feel lucky to have anything going on right now. My phone has been silent of any agent calls for the last 2 weeks.
                Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Hmm.. The one that can produce contract paperwork?
                  Well that's obviously the best decider ... still option 1, currently, that has produced that.

Maybe option 2 will after their aptitude exam, who knows..
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Well that's obviously the best decider ... still option 1, currently, that has produced that.

Maybe option 2 will after their aptitude exam, who knows..
                    Setting borderline clients an aptitude exam is an excellent idea. Would you mind sharing it please?

Comment

Had a strange one last week. Someone from efinancialcareers.com called me directly and told me they shortlisted me and 2 others for a job I had applied for (never had an employee from a job portal contacting me). Then the hiring company contacted me to arrange an interview for Wednesday.

Besides this, had zero calls from recruiters. Hardly any cheeky views on LinkedIn either

Comment

Working...
                      X