• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last a call from an agent.

UI developer, Zurich, 550 CHF pd.

Don’t even know if that rate would allow me to break even but if I can tread water for 6 months I’d consider. It’s WFH until things return to normal.

Agent sounded Indian though company he represents is based in Leeds (Cubes Tech) though end client is TCS, so that would figure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post

Don’t even know if that rate would allow me to break even but if I can tread water for 6 months I’d consider. It’s WFH until things return to normal.

Agent sounded Indian though company he represents is based in Leeds (Cubes Tech) though end client is TCS, so that would figure.
      What does that rate equate to in terms of baked potatoes with butter?

Comment

I also had a call today about a foreign gig.

The friendly agent told me it starts in 'October' when the lockdown should be over. It'll be 5 days per week onsite in Belgium. No WFH. Would I be interested ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post

This is a terrible rte for Zurich - You wont survive for more than a month

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
            +1 wait until you see the tax requirements which I bet TCS haven't told you...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
              Originally posted by eek View Post
              +1 wait until you see the tax requirements which I bet TCS haven't told you...
              I’d be hoping to remain WFH for as much of the 6 months as possible.

Yes, I’d need to look into the tax implications.

Comment

i'd stay away from TCS.
                really.
                far, far, away

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  i'd stay away from TCS.
                  really.
                  far, far, away
                  They had me going into a retail bank on 325 per day (in 2017). Another consultancy came in for me at same client at 570. I ditched TCS and went with the other crowd. If you're reading this agent who put me in at 325, I lied to you.

Comment

Just got culled, on the bench again, ah well was a nice 6 months gig which will keep the chest going till Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                      Just got culled, on the bench again, ah well was a nice 6 months gig which will keep the chest going till Dec.
                      What location industry and rate - I m still trying to understand where losses are occurring and equally where job gains are being made

Comment

Working...
                      X