• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    Just got culled, on the bench again, ah well was a nice 6 months gig which will keep the chest going till Dec.

No extension or binned off mid-contract?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I finished in May, however only started looking last month, had a few remote interviews that go really well, you get the "we'll be in touch to set up another call" , however then hear nothing. You know the type.

Seeing lots of FTC stuff that is being listed as contract in the listings.

Now looking at remote work in the EU, but not hopeful.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

The market is dire and it's not going to improve as the April 2021 IR35 changes and the supply side of labour in the current market mean you may as well recruit permies.

If you want to remain a contractor you need to work out how to package what you do in a way that you can sell it to people as a fixed price piece of work...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had setup a call with potential client last Monday, but he didn't call and doesn't reply anymore. That seems like a theme now.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
            I had setup a call with potential client last Monday, but he didn't call and doesn't reply anymore. That seems like a theme now.
            Nah, believe me, it's just you.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              If you want to remain a contractor you need to work out how to package what you do in a way that you can sell it to people as a fixed price piece of work...
              I am probably going to complete the SaaS platform I've been working on couple of years ago but abandoned and in the meantime take any light job that will pay the bills. I don't fancy reaching into my warchest for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                What location industry and rate - I m still trying to understand where losses are occurring and equally where job gains are being made
                London

Comment

I'm sick of this game, but two startups now want me to do some ad hoc work with them that is defo outside ir35 so hopefully will be recruiting some react native / nativescript + full stack devs. Its gonna be easy recruiting at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    You don’t say !!!!

What’s next - the sun is hot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    Useful contribution to a State of the Market thread. Maybe you should try visiting the sun's core for a holiday, you absolute mug?

Comment

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
                      Useful contribution to a State of the Market thread. Maybe you should try visiting the sun's core for a holiday, you absolute mug?
                      Funny funny man

Saying the rates are trending downward is your best contribution ever (can’t see anymore)

No one knew this (except every single contractor on the planet)

Laugh - can’t wait for your next one

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X