• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simes View Post
    Similar to my recent effort.

One interview in five months, which was with the last client I had been at. Agent, who I knew, thought it was a shoo-in and the 'interview' would be more an introduction to the project.

Client wanted to open up the interview process, another candidate was introduced, he was taken because he had Also worked with the partner that was on the project.

I am setting myself the target of being back in business by Christmas...
    2022?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I've had another dead end. Frustrating because, again, the role was spot on and my CV genuinely should be top of the pile. I've got a mini project I'm about to start, but if this carries on after I might have to seriously visit my CV.

Either that or I'm just way too expensive.

Comment

XXX Recruitment Ltd are working with our client in Glasgow to recruit for a Business Analyst on a temporary basis for 3 months with potential of extension. Home working initially. Working Monday to Friday within IR35. Interim with a Day Rate of GBP220
        Experience
        Proven extensive experience (equivalent to post graduate level) of IT business analysis, including requirements gathering and business case production, ideally within a health service or equivalent environment.
        Significant additional, relevant experience in project management (preferably in healthcare service)
        Significant practical experience of Business Systems Analysis and Computer Systems Design.
        An in-depth understanding and practical experience of front-to-end application design (i.e. the graphical user interface)
        My emphasis.

This is a role with the "new" Scottish Benefits Agency... pay peanuts, etc., etc... I wonder why all news coming out of this cluster**** splendid initiative is bad, bordering on catastrophic?
        Last edited by wattaj; 9 September 2020, 08:44. Reason: Additional details.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I reduced my rate by 30% for a very short term gig, prob a few days, just to get some cash coming in.

Well it was mates rates, but still

Comment

I also applied for a role on LinkedIn but 74 other applicants

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
              I also applied for a role on LinkedIn but 74 other applicants
              74 isn't bad - but I suspect there's more than that

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                74 isn't bad - but I suspect there's more than that
                If it's just linkedIn that number is probably correct - it's also likely that a lot of those people aren't qualified at all for the role based on the people I'm seeing.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    If it's just linkedIn that number is probably correct - it's also likely that a lot of those people aren't qualified at all for the role based on the people I'm seeing.
                    Yes, my suspicion that the number is higher is from assuming that not all applications will be via LI

Comment

Must've sent around 15 applications over the weekend, all perm as at this point there's just no contracts in what I do. Absolutely nothing back, not even a single email or phone call and 90% of the roles I applied for were perfect fit.

I'm giving it two more weeks, if it stays like this (and I reckon it will as it seems to be getting worse than better), I'm packing and leaving the UK (after 13 years) :/

Comment

Working...
                      X