• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    For most agents its not a career. Turnover is extremely high, majority of recruiters do it as another job they eventually quit or get fired from and move onto the next random sales/admin job with no real thought towards their career.

The career recruiters who have been doing it for a while and will be doing it forever can be decent people who do a good job just happens to be that we don't run into them quite as often because there aren't as many of them, these ones should all be able to hold onto their jobs though.
    The latter tend to go off and start their own companies.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Darren will do it in Newbury if the parking works out.
      By the sounds of it they're expecting the contractor to have their own campervan.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Makes me want to jack this lark in and become a plumber or sparky.
        The guy who re fitted my garage roof after the cowboys had butchered it is building his own house. I am tempted to ask him if he needs another handyman for it.

qh will make brews
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Anybody got any new contracts or perm job, guys?
          Personally, I have had zero contacts from pimps for the past 2 weeks.
          Had applied for quite a few roles.

Comment

Same here, big fat nothing

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicWave View Post
              Anybody got any new contracts or perm job, guys?
              Personally, I have had zero contacts from pimps for the past 2 weeks.
              Had applied for quite a few roles.
              Wait till you get to 7 months before you complain

2 weeks indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I was reluctant to accept a crappy perm offer that I received a couple weeks ago. But as each day goes by and the economic reality gets clearer, the crappy offer is looking like a great deal in the current climate. Although I still haven't received the contract...big red flag
                Last edited by sira; 14 September 2020, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                  I was reluctant to accept a crappy perm offer that I received a couple weeks ago. But as each day goes by, the crappy offer is looking like a great deal in the current climate. Although I still haven't received the contract...big red flag
                  It would be really helpful to get an understanding of:

1) Where in the country you are
                  2) Industry
                  3) Approx day rate before covid
                  4) Approx salary now being put forward

That way with numbers people can get a good feel for what the new normal looks like

Of course round the numbers so that they cannot be traced to you and just specify london manchester birmingham scotland etc

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post

2) Industry

That way with numbers people can get a good feel for what the new normal looks like

Of course round the numbers so that they cannot be traced to you and just specify london manchester birmingham scotland etc
                    1) UK - it's remote work
                    2) IT Consulting
                    3) £800
                    4) You'll be lucky to get £70k perm (was until recently £120k or so).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post

2) Industry

Financial services - I had a perm offer pre-covid. This post-covid perm offer is 20% lower.

Comment

Working...
                      X