• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractorZ View Post
    The new Boris Johnson boot camps will add to the pool of people looking for tech work

"Boot camps are employer-led, short, flexible training courses for adults, linked to guaranteed interviews and tailored to meet business and economic demand across the country. The first phase of boot camps will start over the next few weeks in the West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Liverpool with digital courses such as cloud services, full stack, digital for advanced manufacturing and cyber security. Some of these courses will be aimed at specific groups such as a Women in Tech course.

The second phase of boot camps will be trialled in West Yorkshire, the South West and Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.“
    Oooooohhhhhh, guaranteed interviews!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Oooooohhhhhh, guaranteed interviews!!!
      Coupled with a few completed courses on the Skills Toolkit

The Skills Toolkit | Find a course | National Careers Service

Comment

A job I applied for 3 months ago, only just invited me for an interview. Not bad, not bad at all...

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
          A job I applied for 3 months ago, only just invited me for an interview. Not bad, not bad at all...
          Tell them you've retired since applying.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Tell them you've retired since applying.
            I feel retired, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorZ View Post
              The new Boris Johnson boot camps will add to the pool of people looking for tech work

"Boot camps are employer-led, short, flexible training courses for adults, linked to guaranteed interviews and tailored to meet business and economic demand across the country. The first phase of boot camps will start over the next few weeks in the West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Liverpool with digital courses such as cloud services, full stack, digital for advanced manufacturing and cyber security. Some of these courses will be aimed at specific groups such as a Women in Tech course.

The second phase of boot camps will be trialled in West Yorkshire, the South West and Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.“
              Those boot camps are rough. I know I guy who told me stories of being hauled out of bed at 4 AM, and being made to do pushups outside in the rain while three guys yelled at him to explain how to reverse a doubly-linked list.

Comment

The guy they took on 3 months ago has found something better!

Comment

"What do you mean you are no longer interested?"

Comment

Lots of companies put hiring on hold.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                      While not concrete, as in No contract and Not started, I am due to start on Monday on one role.

And another looks as though it is also coming through.

Of the first, I will start even if without contract as the outlay and risk is zero and have been promised the start date will commence from Monday irrespective of when the contract comes in. Really do not want any reason to trip this up.

Of the second, if it happens, I hope this will have a start date to offer two weeks respite to sort the excitement of the first out into something comfortable.

It will have been six months for me too, so there is ground to be made up.
                      It has been a ride, to be sure.

But, the contract for the first role is now signed for a contract to start 1st October. And, the second role is also progressing. This last probably to start mid October. Both Outside IR35.

Both these contracts are through past contacts. Applying via Jobserve has elicited zero response.

Comment

Working...
                      X