• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
    Well, my last role finished end of October, put my CV out there beginning of October and I have had loads of calls. I had three interviews and took the first offer I had. I work in the contact centre sector.
    Congrats but what does work in the contract centre mean? You design an implement them? You are a mananger? You work on a first line desk?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Congrats but what does work in the contract centre mean? You design an implement them? You are a mananger? You work on a first line desk?
      He's a telephone.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        He's a telephone.
        Hello?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hello?
          Is it me you're looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Is it me you're looking for?
            Wrong number.

Comment

Hello?
              "This is Microsoft calling. There is a problem with your computer. My name is.. James. I am phoning from.. London. I will fix your computer for.. £125."
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                "This is Microsoft calling. There is a problem with your computer. My name is.. James. I am phoning from.. London. I will fix your computer for.. 2 tulipcoin."
                FTFY

that'll be 3 tulipcoin.

Comment

Been looking for almost 2 months now and barely had a single response back from hundreds of applications/emails/calls, for both contract and (reluctantly) perm roles.

Jumped contract to contract easily over the last decade or so, current climate/Covid etc. obviously an issue so not beating myself up too much yet.

Any top tips/tricks for CV's these days? Current one has always been great in the past but maybe it's time to switch it up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedarv View Post
                    Been looking for almost 2 months now and barely had a single response back from hundreds of applications/emails/calls, for both contract and (reluctantly) perm roles.

Jumped contract to contract easily over the last decade or so, current climate/Covid etc. obviously an issue so not beating myself up too much yet.

Any top tips/tricks for CV's these days? Current one has always been great in the past but maybe it's time to switch it up a bit.
                    A fairly basic one but make sure it is compatible with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) that many recruiters and portals use for uploading your CV. Many CVs can be hampered when a search is carried out because it has formatting that ATS systems often don't like e.g. tables, boxes, lines, graphics, footers etc.

I've managed several large recruitment campaigns in the past and IMHO, many people who work in IT have quite poor CVs. You have to differentiate yourself so focus on the outcomes you achieved not long lists of responsibilities. Try and quantify achievements and relate them back to your organisation and its business goals. At the end of the day, most organisations are only interested in how you can help make or save money and evidence of things you did that helped make money is a lot more attractive than saving it.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                      A fairly basic one but make sure it is compatible with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) that many recruiters and portals use for uploading your CV. Many CVs can be hampered when a search is carried out because it has formatting that ATS systems often don't like e.g. tables, boxes, lines, graphics, footers etc.

I've managed several large recruitment campaigns in the past and IMHO, many people who work in IT have quite poor CVs. You have to differentiate yourself so focus on the outcomes you achieved not long lists of responsibilities. Try and quantify achievements and relate them back to your organisation and its business goals. At the end of the day, most organisations are only interested in how you can help make or save money and evidence of things you did that helped make money is a lot more attractive than saving it.
                      At the risk of sounding lazy, do you have any examples you can link to?

Comment

Working...
                      X