• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had an email about a frontend contract for a US based client - £220pd, remote, but you have to work to EST (5 hours behind)

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post
      had an email about a frontend contract for a US based client - £220pd, remote, but you have to work to EST (5 hours behind)

Do 3 of those remote contracts simultaneously with 3 different clients, give each client 3 hours a day of your time, working three times harder so each client gets full value.

660 per day and guaranteed outside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post

I had a similar convo except it was £850 a day

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I had a similar convo except it was £850 a day
          Sorry for your troubles, but any port in a storm.

Comment

Let's get the thread back on track. So I received an SMS text message from an agent, I last heard from in December 2019.

Hi Rocktron

I'm looking for a Full Stack Java Dev for a 12 month contract onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden. 450 Euro pd + apartment + 1 flight a month

Agent
            Got to laugh, because they expect a UK citizen to be on site in Sweden. From my memory of the UK Contractor forums, this is okish rate especially if they throw in a flat.

I must have deleted the agent's contact email. Unfortunately, when I checked the phone number on whocalledme it was a boiler scam. However, if someone, wants the phone number, I am happy to share via a private message.

Comment

Need to be careful as it’s Christmas but if the Mobile number ends in 511, it’s a group SMS text number that an agency uses. Whether this agency is legit or not i can’t confirm.

I have never responded to the number by calling it but the roles it texts out are varied and are from various agent names. I don’t receive nuisance texts or calls either from this number other than for contract roles.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                It’s even better then that. 200k plus bonus plus benefits!!! So a 300k package. This is clearly a spoof
                Executive Director level roles in the front office bonus pool will pay this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                  Need to be careful as it’s Christmas but if the Mobile number ends in 511, it’s a group SMS text number that an agency uses. Whether this agency is legit or not i can’t confirm.

I have never responded to the number by calling it but the roles it texts out are varied and are from various agent names. I don’t receive nuisance texts or calls either from this number other than for contract roles.
                  Thanks for education! That mobile phone number does end in 511. Ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Sorry for your troubles, but any port in a storm.
                    For a moment it actually sounded like it might come off, too but they've gone quiet recently so I suspect they've found somebody a bit closer than 4000 miles away

Comment

Tentative boom.

Agent I've nearly worked with before rang up with a gig. I'll be honest, it's not great rate but something is better than nothing, would rather get income than not. Just in process of getting contract finalised hence tentative. An informal chat was all that was required to get the gig, so...

Comment

Working...
                      X