• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    This is why its important to keep applying and interviewing, especially now.
    I had 2 gig offers during covid that evaporated when the client thought they had the money, but then couldn't get the PO signed off for some reason. They checked under the sofa and everything apparently.
    Another one in the last year went up like a puff of smoke. Contract reviewed, amended, signed. Agent kept stringing me along until eventually they came clean and said the client didn't seem to have to the go ahead any more.

I'm 3 weeks into a new gig and I've been paid already, but I'm still applying and interviewing for other gigs.. just in case
    Apologies for the delay... been ill.

Yeah, I always carry on looking.

Comment

So I've now found a niche and I'm charging hourly rates. So not even looking contracts any more at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
        So I've now found a niche and I'm charging hourly rates. So not even looking contracts any more at this rate.
        Congrats.

Just curious how much is your hourly rate? Probably don't want to share but maybe you can as a percentage of your daily rate?

So if you're day rate was 500 and your hourly rate is 100 then that would be 20% of day rate.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
          Congrats.

Just curious how much is your hourly rate? Probably don't want to share but maybe you can as a percentage of your daily rate?

So if you're day rate was 500 and your hourly rate is 100 then that would be 20% of day rate.

Thanks.
          I agreed with my last client that I would charge an hourly rate as I was doing long days and some weekend hours. We agree 8 hours for a standard day and then 1/8 of a day per hour in addition to that or for odd hours done on the weekend. Racked up 147 billable days in 1st 6 months of the year. When WFH came in with Covid, I just swapped my 12 hour day including commute for 1.5 days billed.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I agreed with my last client that I would charge an hourly rate as I was doing long days and some weekend hours. We agree 8 hours for a standard day and then 1/8 of a day per hour in addition to that or for odd hours done on the weekend. Racked up 147 billable days in 1st 6 months of the year. When WFH came in with Covid, I just swapped my 12 hour day including commute for 1.5 days billed.
            maybe per day and per hour rate would simplify me having to use the stopwatch all the time

Comment

maybe per day and per hour rate would simplify me having to use the stopwatch all the time
              atm my hour rate is 100% of day rate, was 60% for a while, but im gonna bump this soon

Comment

with a daily rate I dont feel bad about not using the stopwatch when going to the bathroom

Comment

with a daily rate I dont feel bad about not using the stopwatch when going to the bathroom
                  Just keep your bathroom breaks under 45 minutes and you never have to feel bad, irrespective of how you bill.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Just keep your bathroom breaks under 45 minutes and you never have to feel bad, irrespective of how you bill.
                    noted

Comment

still loads of calls but no interviews, recruiters still saying market picking up.

i dont see it
                      a lot of agents are coming off furlough and need to call you or they get the hot poker from their boiler room manager.

Comment

Working...
                      X