• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
    Ok, I think you are not very well informed.
    I will take just as example Lithuania as I know the market situation very well there:
    Good senior developer salary ~ 60k-120k EUR per year. Not sure how that is 2x-3x times cheaper.
    That does look like a typical UK salary.
    You will really have difficulties finding a decent one for less.
    Contract - 400-500 eur per day - outside IR35 with 0% first year corporate tax and 5% later. 15% dividend tax.
    Haha, and Pinocchio was a real boy... mate where did you come up with those numbers... I can assure you they are fantasy!

Comment

If that were true about Lithuania salaries then rather than seeing outsourcing which has dominated It over the last twenty years and really accelerated over the last five years what I would expect is more jobs from Poland and Lithuania to come to the Uk

Sadly I think the numbers provided are not reliable

Comment

My quick check tells me I can get a lithuania java dev for between €2500 to €3500 a month and I usually pay too whack for people who are good.

So max €40k a year
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
          Haha, and Pinocchio was a real boy... mate where did you come up with those numbers... I can assure you they are fantasy!
          Current adverts in a slow covid month:
          Ruby - to 96k:
          Ruby on Rails Developer in Vilnius - Alliance for Recruitment | cv.lt
          BA - to 96K
          Senior Business/Data Analyst in Vilnius - Manpower Lit | cv.lt
          NodeJs to 80k:
          Backend Developer - Node.js in Vilnius - Alliance for Recruitment | cv.lt
          Java/.NET lead - 72k
          Lead Software Engineer (Java or .NET) in Vilnius - Alliance for Recruitment | cv.lt

At Danske Bank 70k is very typical salary to senior .net/java dev and they offer contracts 400 per day.
          And they are not the highest paying employer.
          I do agree that this is higher-end, but if you want to get a good developer, this is what you will have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            My quick check tells me I can get a lithuania java dev for between €2500 to €3500 a month and I usually pay too whack for people who are good.

So max €40k a year
            40k is a very average salary. I doubt you will find a good one for 40k. Only if he is desperate.
            I could also say the same about the UK - you have people who work for 50k and some for 150k.
            Last edited by AndrewK; 20 January 2021, 09:14.

Comment

40k is a very average salary. I doubt you will find a good one for 40k. Only if he is desperate.
              I could also say the same about the UK - you have people who work for 50k and some for 150k.
              We have 20 devs in Vilnius, you dont need to be a superstar dev these days as all the thinking us old times had to do as analyst programmers is all handed to a dev on a plate.

Why would I pay 100K for a superstar when a 40K chap can do all the programming ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

So max €40k a year
                And he only gets 50% of that...

Comment

Current adverts in a slow covid month:
                  Ruby - to 96k:
                  Ruby on Rails Developer in Vilnius - Alliance for Recruitment | cv.lt
                  BA - to 96K
                  Senior Business/Data Analyst in Vilnius - Manpower Lit | cv.lt
                  NodeJs to 80k:
                  Backend Developer - Node.js in Vilnius - Alliance for Recruitment | cv.lt
                  Java/.NET lead - 72k
                  Lead Software Engineer (Java or .NET) in Vilnius - Alliance for Recruitment | cv.lt

At Danske Bank 70k is very typical salary to senior .net/java dev and they offer contracts 400 per day.
                  And they are not the highest paying employer.
                  I do agree that this is higher-end, but if you want to get a good developer, this is what you will have to pay.
                  These are not average salaries here. Half that and you are getting closer to software devs average salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
                    These are not average salaries here. Half that and you are getting closer to software devs average salaries.
                    ...and BA average salaries for that matter.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      We have 20 devs in Vilnius, you dont need to be a superstar dev these days as all the thinking us old times had to do as analyst programmers is all handed to a dev on a plate.

Why would I pay 100K for a superstar when a 40K chap can do all the programming ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      And why would you not pay 50k in the UK? The median in the UK salary is 50k, not 100k.

Comment

Working...
                      X