• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    I thought this was the State of the (UK) Market thread?
    Is there a market left in the UK?

Comment

Just got to accept that London is expensive. In the US, New York businesses down shore to the Carolinas, which would be the equivalent of us moving dev up to the M62 corridor (Liverpool / Manchester / London) and making it a proper northern powerhouse that we were sold originally.

A good dev up north would be on 60k instead of the London 100k while being same time zone, country and language while 2.5 hours away on the train.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Just got to accept that London is expensive. In the US, New York businesses down shore to the Carolinas, which would be the equivalent of us moving dev up to the M62 corridor (Liverpool / Manchester / London) and making it a proper northern powerhouse that we were sold originally.

A good dev up north would be on 60k instead of the London 100k while being same time zone, country and language while 2.5 hours away on the train.
        Different language surly?

But £60K chap in Blackpool could afford a 6 bedroom mansion, £100K chap in London could not even get into property ladder and have £8K season ticket and need a food bank to survive

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Different language surly?

But £60K chap in Blackpool could afford a 6 bedroom mansion, £100K chap in London could not even get into property ladder and have £8K season ticket and need a food bank to survive

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Not sure what your point is.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

This GhostOfTarbera chap is a bit of an oddball isn't he?

Just constant hyperbole about everything and claiming every contractor will be pleading poverty after April.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
              This GhostOfTarbera chap is a bit of an oddball isn't he?

Just constant hyperbole about everything and claiming every contractor will be pleading poverty after April.
              Don't mind tarbie, he just takes everything to 11 and then adds a few more for luck.

Comment

There seems to be some new roles being advertised. But, all the agents are wfh and if you ring the number on the advert, it goes to voicemail. How on earth are you supposed to get in touch with the agents then?

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                  There seems to be some new roles being advertised. But, all the agents are wfh and if you ring the number on the advert, it goes to voicemail. How on earth are you supposed to get in touch with the agents then?
                  Fake agents posting fake jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                    "It's a case of don't call me, I will call you"
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      "It's a case of don't call me, I will call you"
                      The Hollywood principle: A software design principle, stated as "Don't call us, we'll call you"

Comment

Working...
                      X