• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    The Hollywood principle: A software design principle, stated as "Don't call us, we'll call you"
    Yep just fire and forget.

It's annoying but if you get your CV out then hopefully one of them will see you have the skills they want.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      £100K chap in London could not even get into property ladder and have £8K season ticket and need a food bank to survive

Hookers, Booze and Dancers

Joke aside...

People like to lie to themselves that they have success because they want to and also because they always compare themselves with the people around them.
      I guess that is one of the wrong paths to take in life, looking for happiness when they actually should aim to be content.

back to our subject, 100k per year which would make a lot of peacocks very proud it's only 5.5k per month.
      After you pay student loans, 3k in rent because you have to stay in zone 1-2 the job will ask you to do 12h per day. Child care. clothes, holidays. you'd be pretty much left with nothing.

You would be lucky to have a wife/girlfriend to earn at least 60k but if anything happens and you get her pregnant... you'd learn pretty quick how borderline poor you are.

That is how chaps doing doing 300-400k jump of buildings, because when the gravy train stops they realise there is no way they can manage to stay afloat more than 2 months.

People have fallen in the trap of HR where you are paid just enough to not complain but not enough to afford not woking 6 months after ending a role. Anyone saying market forces is delusional, it's an oligopoly and unions that set the salaries. You will have no word.

I think people here should learn from their brothers across Atlantic, Americans tend to be more stand-up people although in all fairness they have been shafted on everything else themselves also.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post
        This GhostOfTarbera chap is a bit of an oddball isn't he?

Just constant hyperbole about everything and claiming every contractor will be pleading poverty after April.
        Don't trust a word he says - he trolls by making up referred experiences. It used to be from "friends" but stopped doing that so much that when called out on it, but still can't help himself. Best ignore or just use as a form of amusement. I go for the latter.
        Last edited by Paralytic; 22 January 2021, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

back to our subject, 100k per year which would make a lot of peacocks very proud it's only 5.5k per month.
          After you pay student loans, 3k in rent because you have to stay in zone 1-2 the job will ask you to do 12h per day. Child care. clothes, holidays. you'd be pretty much left with nothing.

You would be lucky to have a wife/girlfriend to earn at least 60k but if anything happens and you get her pregnant... you'd learn pretty quick how borderline poor you are.

That is how chaps doing doing 300-400k jump of buildings, because when the gravy train stops they realise there is no way they can manage to stay afloat more than 2 months.

People have fallen in the trap of HR where you are paid just enough to not complain but not enough to afford not woking 6 months after ending a role. Anyone saying market forces is delusional, it's an oligopoly and unions that set the salaries. You will have no word.

I think people here should learn from their brothers across Atlantic, Americans tend to be more stand-up people although in all fairness they have been shafted on everything else themselves also.
          couldnt have said it better - Its frightening what a 100K salary actually allows you to afford - In short bordeline middle class lifestyle and nothing fancy at all

Comment

People have fallen in the trap of HR where you are paid just enough to not complain but not enough to afford not woking 6 months after ending a role. Anyone saying market forces is delusional, it's an oligopoly and unions that set the salaries. You will have no word.also.
            You're totally right, I've earnt 100k+ and was putting in crazy hours, once you have a child, the tax system is very regressive to high/single earners. It was the point where I was worrying about being able to afford a holiday I realized most of my earnings were just disappearing on travel/lunch/childcare.

I now feel like I have more free cash now earning 40k working a 9-5. More importantly, i'm much happier.

Thats why we have a productivity crisis, the smart people have already worked out hard-work doesn't pay.

You either want to coast at the bottom or be a fat cat creaming off the top, having a "career" is a trap.

Comment

I think they were shafted long before us with the added bonus of needing private health insurance that likely doesn't pay up if you get seriously ill.

Comment

State of the Market

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                Don't trust a word he says - he trolls by making up referred experiences. It used to be from "friends" but stopped doing that so much that when called out on it, but still can't help himself. Best ignore or just use as a form of amusement. I go for the latter.
                Lol - says weirdo

Stopped as don’t see many friends due to lockdown these days, normal service will be resumed at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

State of the Market

Joke aside...

People like to lie to themselves that they have success because they want to and also because they always compare themselves with the people around them.
                  I guess that is one of the wrong paths to take in life, looking for happiness when they actually should aim to be content.

At £100K and 1p no more free 30 hour childcare allowance per week (about £1200 extra a month you need to find in London )

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 22 January 2021, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Stopped as don’t see many "friends" due to lockdown these days, normal service will be resumed at some point
                    FTFY

Comment

Just saw a big recruiter and also the most dodgiest that I know of looking for Trade floor support and needs someone with experience of Blackberry and BES experience. Screams fishing all the way!

Comment

Working...
                      X