• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not able to decide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to decide

Removed
    Last edited by Kprad35; 10 July 2016, 13:14.

Originally posted by Kprad35 View Post
    Situation: I joined a contract on personal reference via a consultancy firm without any formal interview. High profile project but company is in turmoil. I also had another offer from a good bank but knowing their slow progress on BC/on-boarding (minimum 2 months) , I joined the first one as I didn't want to wait for 2 months.
    After working for one month, I realised I may not last long as there is one more BA ( much cheaper than me and joined at the same time as me) working on the same task( not sure why ?),so sooner or later someone may realise one can be dumped.
    Now re 2nd offer,I have finally received email to initiate BC last week( almost one and half month after verbal offer). Not sure if I should go with BC.

Ideally there shouldn't be any confusion and I should honour what I accepted first but given my previous 2 contracts didn't last an year( 8 and 9 months) and It was reminded in almost every interview.So don't want to take any chance.
    Any advise?
    You can't be jumping gigs just because you think it won't last long. That's what we do. IMO you've committed to a client so see it through. You get some crap gigs, you get some good ones. At the end of the day all gigs are temporary so will end so just grow some and see the bad ones through.

The only caveat is if the company about to go bust. If that's the case you need to get out to protect yourself.

It's advice by the way.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You can't be jumping gigs just because you think it won't last long. That's what we do. IMO you've committed to a client so see it through. You get some crap gigs, you get some good ones. At the end of the day all gigs are temporary so will end so just grow some and see the bad ones through.

The only caveat is if the company about to go bust. If that's the case you need to get out to protect yourself.

It's advice by the way.
      Makes sense.thanks

Comment

Damn. I should have quoted that shouldn't I.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Damn. I should have quoted that shouldn't I.
          Google caching is your friend...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Google caching is your friend...
            So is being a mod (you know we can click to see the edits/previous versions)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              So is being a mod (you know we can click to see the edits/previous versions)
              But anyone can use Google
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                But anyone can use Google
                You're not just "anybody"
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X