• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M4 Managed Services International

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M4 Managed Services International

Has anyone got any experience with them? I'm talking to them about a role and already they've mentioned treating their contractors as being inside IR35 (their words) as they expect them to represent their company and have business cards and such like.

I'm not averse to the role being inside IR35 but it would be new to me so doing my research into it now with some additional searching of the forum and my favourite search engine as it would involve a long commute via train each day to their client site.

Any experiences with them or a similar setup with a managed services company would be appreciated

Thanks

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post
    Has anyone got any experience with them? I'm talking to them about a role and already they've mentioned treating their contractors as being inside IR35 (their words) as they expect them to represent their company and have business cards and such like.
    Why are you willingly going to pretend to work for someone you don't work for....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Why are you willingly going to pretend to work for someone you don't work for....
      Money and lots of it.

Expenses and day rate are the key negotiations on this one. Either they pick up the expenses tab or you factor it into the day rate. As they understand IR35, they should understand your day rate being inflated to larger than sascretin's ego or MF's derriere.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They are a managed services provider and don't want their client wanting them knowing their 'staff' are actually contractors I guess.

If the rate is high enough to make being inside IR35 worthwhile then its revenue so not discounting it.

Although from my initial searching for previous posts the implications of being inside IR35 after April and the changes to T&S are setting off alarm bells in my head already

Comment

They are a managed services provider and don't want their client wanting them knowing their 'staff' are actually contractors I guess.

If the rate is high enough to make being inside IR35 worthwhile then its revenue so not discounting it.

Although from my initial searching for previous posts the implications of being inside IR35 after April and the changes to T&S are setting off alarm bells in my head already
          Day rate to cover it, as I said. Add £50 on to the cost of your daily train fare, plus £200 on to your normal day rate and you're getting there.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Best way to think of it, for me, would be that I'm not that keen on it, but for the right price, I'd do it. Remember that it's only that contract that is inside IR35. Once you're getting near to being offered it, have a chat with your accountant about the best way to handle it, especially if you're mid year and you've been outside IR35 with your first contract of the financial year.

Comment

I've been doing some more research on it tonight and I think because of the way I operate my ltd co it's not going to work for me.

I have two directors in my co and both receive a low salary with dividends and from what I understand from being inside IR35 it would mean no dividends for either of us (not sure about the salary bit though, whether we would both need to take high salary or just one takes the hit).

Plus we have a lot of regular expenses through the company (company cars etc).

If it gets to the stage where they make an offer I'll run it by my accountant to be sure but already I'm thinking it wouldn't be viable for me inside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Money and lots of it.

Expenses and day rate are the key negotiations on this one. Either they pick up the expenses tab or you factor it into the day rate. As they understand IR35, they should understand your day rate being inflated to larger than sascretin's ego or MF's derriere.
                Absolutely this.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks I'll make sure to try and push the rate up [emoji12]

Comment

I've been doing some more research on it tonight and I think because of the way I operate my ltd co it's not going to work for me.

I have two directors in my co and both receive a low salary with dividends and from what I understand from being inside IR35 it would mean no dividends for either of us (not sure about the salary bit though, whether we would both need to take high salary or just one takes the hit).

Plus we have a lot of regular expenses through the company (company cars etc).

If it gets to the stage where they make an offer I'll run it by my accountant to be sure but already I'm thinking it wouldn't be viable for me inside IR35
                    Dividends come after operating expenses, which inside IR35 means all earnings minus pension is salary. If there is still money in the warchest then the other director can take a salary, dividends for both of you should be irrelevant as long as the company as the money to pay them from profit
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X