• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contracting in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cont1 View Post
    Thanks all
    So I am moving to Switzerland - this is a one year contract and I will leave the UK and take up a swiss address. It doesn't bother me to open a swiss company - I have a desire to build up some training clients on the side. I just don't know how much of that I need to do early on in order to satisfy the swiss tax folk that I am a business (surely many businesses start with just one client!)
    Recs for umbrella companies / agencies welcome.
    Any other options other than via an intermediary? I have the option to contract directly as a freelancer but i don't really understand the ins and outs of this approach yet.
    Any Geneva based contractors who can recommend an accountant?
    Thank you again
    Have you found a place to stay? Geneva has something like 99.9999% occupancy...

Comment

You only need the three clients if you're attempting to be sole trader. Trading through a ltd co doesn't have this issue.

For Swiss specific issues, I recommend asking on englishforum.ch
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If you are going publicly encourage people to stay away from a certain company, you need to also publicly give a reason. That can be opinion (I think...) or personal anecdote, but cannot slander the company (e.g. calling them a bunch of con-men, scam-artists etc.)

It is not unreasonable at all for NLUK to ask for more information. Which he has done concisely and politely. Unlike your reaction, which was defensive and quite rude.
        I didn't specify the reason because the poster ask for a recomendation and my post was the opposite, and not relevant for the poster. The same way you wrote that you could recommend an account if he is in Basel without specify the name. You just give a shoot in your feet.

Regarding my rude post. 90% the NLUK are rude and you opted for embarrassed me in the forum because I was rude to him! You are making me laugh this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          If you're in Basel, I can recommend an accountant.
          Can you please recommend your accountant?

Comment

So, can anyone recommend a good Swiss Payroll Company?

Hi,

I might take up a contract next year - Jan 2020.

Can anyone recommend a good Swiss Payroll Company?

(I've had a good look at the forum and couldn't really find anything that answers my question. I might have missed something though, so a link would be good if you have one).

Thanks,

Ned

Comment

Working...
            X