• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Basel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    For the OP. Without some indication of technology and sector and your level of experience, it's impossible to talk about market rates.

800-1300
    Tech = Reporting (Qlik/Tableau) which also means database architecture for optimal retrieval for reporting and business requirement interpretation (what they actually want and are likely to want in future, not what they say they think they want). Hybrid business/tech is what I do.
    Sector = Financial Services
    Experience = a lot, more than 99% of people out there in this new-ish area

Comment

800-1300
      CHF or GBP ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
        CHF or GBP ?

Boo
        CHF

For Tableau though 1000+
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

CHF
          So that's £650-£1k per day to travel to work in the world's most expensive country and paying income tax as a resident ?

Not me...

Boo2

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
            So that's £650-£1k per day to travel to work in the world's most expensive country and paying income tax as a resident ?
            That is what is putting me off to some degree - maybe £1k per day less Swiss social charges, less 40-45% income UK tax, less £2.5-3k rent, less extortionate food and general living expenses, less £35 per day just for a payroll company to give me my money less taxes...plus large accountancy fees trying to sort out the dual taxation mess.

On the other hand it could be a good experience for the family, the London contract market isn't great at the moment, rates seem to be going one way and it's not up and rent is also £2.5k per month on the outskirts.

Not such as simple one way decision as it seems, although financially I expect there would be no gain going there and perhaps even a loss vs London.

Comment

Working...
            X