• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Originally posted by kaizenkris View Post
    These are top IT consulting companies from India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tech_Mahindra
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Consultancy_Services
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipro

If you are getting calls from them better, I suggest you just take it or else forget contracting.....
    Seriously? I wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole.

I know of at least 3 people who took up contracts through them (TM) only to be replaced a couple of weeks in once they'd found an Indian replacement to parachute in.

I guess these days they don't even need somebody homegrown to temporarily fill an urgent requirement as there are so many Indians already here to choose from.

Comment

If you are getting calls from them better, I suggest you just take it or else forget contracting.....

What you really need to be beware of is agencies which do market research with no work on the table..... to be honest I don't mind cause I like everyone improving.

Your view is quite disturbing..... its best to be clear than to be clever.
      I've found a couple of senior Wipro people to be good. Other than that, I wouldn't touch them with someone else's bargepole, or indeed any other Indian agency or 'consultancy'.

Doesn't stop me getting lots of linkedin requests from them. Just decline and mark as spam. Shows how much linkedin cares about abuse of its mail system.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        I've found a couple of senior Wipro people to be good. Other than that, I wouldn't touch them with someone else's bargepole, or indeed any other Indian agency or 'consultancy'.

Doesn't stop me getting lots of linkedin requests from them. Just decline and mark as spam. Shows how much linkedin cares about abuse of its mail system.
        +1 LI really is losing its value, in fact if I ever go perm again I will delete my account. As for Indians I has a PM (via Linked In) from some who were looking to hire me for a 4 day Java course running locally to me for 300 notes a day, a quick google surfaced that they were charging delegates 2k and 12 delegates per course was the minimum for them to run the course, best part was the 300 a day made no provision for adding VAT so closer to 250, told Anjay to jog on...if they're not trying to convince me that my Mac has a 'windows virus' they are trying to shaft me on training fees...useless.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          +1 LI really is losing its value, in fact if I ever go perm again I will delete my account. As for Indians I has a PM (via Linked In) from some who were looking to hire me for a 4 day Java course running locally to me for 300 notes a day, a quick google surfaced that they were charging delegates 2k and 12 delegates per course was the minimum for them to run the course, best part was the 300 a day made no provision for adding VAT so closer to 250, told Anjay to jog on...if they're not trying to convince me that my Mac has a 'windows virus' they are trying to shaft me on training fees...useless.
          +1

The best Indians are either in America, London or are at a top tech firm in India, such as Google. The "consultants" that I've seen couldn't consult their way out of a paper bag.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Easier to separate fool from his money. And yet there must be somebody out there other than us lot that are falling for that particular numbers game.

Comment

What you really need to be beware of is agencies which do market research with no work on the table..... to be honest I don't mind cause I like everyone improving.

Your view is quite disturbing..... its best to be clear than to be clever.

Feck me, a little bit of wee came out.

I wouldn't work with any of those useless cockwombles, to label then as "top" consulting firms of any kind is beyond a joke

I would suggest his "view" is a lot less disturbing than yours.
              Have you worked for Tech Mehindra, TATA, or Wi Pro for long
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Former senior guy at Wipro here. The only way you will be any good in the eyes of the Indian's is if you are a complete and utter **** to your reports & contractors. If you are good in the eyes of your reports and clients, you will not last long. I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Former senior guy at Wipro here. The only way you will be any good in the eyes of the Indian's is if you are a complete and utter **** to your reports & contractors. If you are good in the eyes of your reports and clients, you will not last long. I didn't.
                  Ouch!

Makes sense it didn't last long

Some of the biggest bullies on the planet, in my experience. Worked on a project with a couple of them before, of course they tried it on, but we managed to resolve things with resorting to any violence

The other Indian guy they hired, they bullied and harassed the guy on a seemingly hourly basis.
                  He did a fair few (free) late nights too.

When it was suggested I do the same, they decided to leave me alone, as I made it abundantly clear I would issue my weeks notice.

Total W@nkers.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Ouch!

Makes sense it didn't last long

Some of the biggest bullies on the planet, in my experience. Worked on a project with a couple of them before, of course they tried it on, but we managed to resolve things with resorting to any violence

The other Indian guy they hired, they bullied and harassed the guy on a seemingly hourly basis.
                    He did a fair few (free) late nights too.

When it was suggested I do the same, they decided to leave me alone, as I made it abundantly clear I would issue my weeks notice.

Total W@nkers.
                    It's a disgusting culture that permeates from the very top. I have PMed you.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      I found a couple of the senior Wipro guys to be very good and actually bothered about their clients. They were the ones keeping Wipro on site. Actually, I have found Wipro pretty decent in general. Having said that, I did work with one Wipro Prog. Mgr who decided it would be a good idea to stand up during a meeting and shout whilst jabbing his finger towards me. Maybe shouldn't have done it in an atrium in front of a couple of hundred people though. He was gone by the end of the week.

I also worked with another consultancy who lied through their teeth to their client. Unfortunately a young and slightly naïve Indian lady was caught in the crossfire as a lowly paid contract PM to the consultancy. Basically she refused to lie and needless to say got the boot within a few weeks. A shame but she ended up somewhere better.

Comment

Working...
                      X