• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Oh no! Who else is going to call me 3 times a week about the same crap role?
    (deep voice)

coming soon...... to a Voicemail inbox near you in 2022.........

rising out of the east of Chennai like a burning U.K limited company tax phoenix........

Big Black Apple Solutions ! *

* (or whatever the new company will be called).

Comment

Please add these two Time wasters and cv harvesters too to your ignore list please... both are bob shops.

1. Reliason
      2. Blupace

Bluepace are direct front for TCS... and are desperate to harvest your cv for their own needs... they send out docusign to get your acceptance to all sorts of your cv use, then nothing will come out of it for you. Beware.
      Last edited by CosmicWave; 17 September 2020, 11:28.

Comment

updated list:

Adroit People Ltd
        Aguila consulting
        Avance Consulting
        Axiom Software Solutions Limited
        Bluepace
        Code Convergence
        Cubestech
        Dabster Systems UK Limited
        Damcosoft
        Data Inc UK
        eTeam
        First Tek Inc.
        HyreU-UK Limited
        Infinity Quest
        Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
        IxCeed
        JK Technosoft Ltd
        L & G recruitment
        M-Power plus
        Nityo Infotech
        NP Tech Solutions Limited
        OneSource (pretend to call from Belgium)
        Orbit resourcing
        Reliason
        SidTech
        SilverLink
        Smartedge Solutions Ltd
        Staffing Prime
        Test Yantra Software solutions
        TESTQ Technologies Ltd
        TGC World
        Ubique Systems UK Limited

Added axiom, bluepace and Reliason

Comment

Evening all,

Had a call today from "Infinity ( A Stamford Technology Company )" for a role base at a client I have had some dealings with in the past called Hexaware.

The call was as previously mentioned on this thread, in broken English and a bad line. With the climate being as it is and the bench getting uncomfortable I asked them to email me the details. The email is tenuous to say the least but what pique my attention was the fact that the end client was Hexaware. I had an offer of a role with them in Birmingham a couple of years ago through Square One, accepted it but at the last minute I was told the role was now moving to Manchester and asked if I would be prepared to travel ( for the rate on offer it was a no ).

My question is, are they still as conspicuous as others on here have experienced or is it worth taking a punt if it goes any further as there is nothing else on the horizon at the moment. Appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Marblerim View Post
            Evening all,

Had a call today from "Infinity ( A Stamford Technology Company )" for a role base at a client I have had some dealings with in the past called Hexaware.

The call was as previously mentioned on this thread, in broken English and a bad line. With the climate being as it is and the bench getting uncomfortable I asked them to email me the details. The email is tenuous to say the least but what pique my attention was the fact that the end client was Hexaware. I had an offer of a role with them in Birmingham a couple of years ago through Square One, accepted it but at the last minute I was told the role was now moving to Manchester and asked if I would be prepared to travel ( for the rate on offer it was a no ).

My question is, are they still as conspicuous as others on here have experienced or is it worth taking a punt if it goes any further as there is nothing else on the horizon at the moment. Appreciate your thoughts.
            If you remember who put you forward last time you could always give them a call. Without giving permission for representation to the first one. Or search on job portals for the relevant words maybe you can spot another agency that can take you there.

You don't have anything to loose by going with them anyway, they are probably using it as an exercise to prove that local resources are too expensive before putting someone they already have on. Or just trying to see the profile, job spec, relevant technologies and "sales pitch" required for that role. Usual drill.

Comment

updated list:

Adroit People Ltd
              Aguila consulting
              Avance Consulting
              Axiom Software Solutions Limited
              Bluepace
              Code Convergence
              Cubestech
              Dabster Systems UK Limited
              Damcosoft
              Data Inc UK
              eTeam
              First Tek Inc.
              HyreU-UK Limited
              Infinity Quest
              Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
              IxCeed
              JK Technosoft Ltd
              L & G recruitment
              M-Power plus
              Nityo Infotech
              NP Tech Solutions Limited
              OneSource (pretend to call from Belgium)
              Orbit resourcing
              Quantumworld
              Reliason
              SidTech
              SilverLink
              Smartedge Solutions Ltd
              Staffing Prime
              Test Yantra Software solutions
              TESTQ Technologies Ltd
              TGC World
              Ubique Systems UK Limited
              Winborough Technologies

Added Winborough Technologies and quantumworld
              Last edited by Eirikur; 13 October 2020, 09:45.

Comment

I got a new one:

VBeyond Corporation

Apparently US based but have offices all over including UK, Europe, Oz and of course India. The UK office seems to be in a council house in SW London.

Today's caller used a UK number and it was the usual drill.. Calls me about a role that doesn't match.
                I say this, but they insist I'm perfect...and wait for it.."so tell me your rate".
                I ask them to send the JD and I'll get back to them.
                This wasn't in the script!! This angers them and they want me to check my email whilst they stay on the line. This seems very important!
                I say I'm not at my computer (I am).
                They reluctantly end the call and proceed to try and call me multiple times over the next hour.
                However I've already blocked their number.
                The JD is complete garbage.

Why is it SO damn important to get my day rate for this bogus role??

(someone asked why the rate is a problem, but then deleted their question. Anyway, its about the aggressive haggling that begins when you start quoting a rate.. don't want to haggle for no reason so I choose not to share it)
                Last edited by CheeseSlice; 14 October 2020, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Why is it SO damn important to get my day rate for this bogus role??
                  I wonder if some clients are paying these "agencies" for a form of market research where they determine what rate/how low people are willing to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    I wonder if some clients are paying these "agencies" for a form of market research where they determine what rate/how low people are willing to go.
                    One reason is to show to the Wipro, HCL, Tata, infosys, etc end customers that a local resource is too expensive, if you normally ask 600 per day and they can get an Indian in for £90 per day (the Indian person who will receive themselves maybe £10 per day if they stay off shore). They show the CVs to the end customer with their prices, end customer says I have no budget for the local one, get me an off shore one or bring one on-shore and I will support visa.
                    When the end client demands a local resource the haggling starts. The agency will typically start by saying they offer a rate like 300 per day

Comment

I guess that explains why the recruiters are trying to 'complete' on CVs that are a poor match for the role, but have rates that are within the desired range.
                      If they're motivated and paid only for the number of CVs with lowball rates they can harvest, that would be one explanation for their pushy behaviour.

Compare this with real agency behaviour and motivations. They don't put anyone forward for the role if they don't have a reasonable chance of winning the gig. They will even put forward exceptional candidates at a higher rate to get the client to re-consider their budget. Good contractors with staying potential will continue to earn them a commission. A reliable supply of good candidates at interview will maintain the agency/client relationship.

Comment

Working...
                      X