• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance - 2 months abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Clearance - 2 months abroad

My new job to start in Oct require SC clearance. I'm an indian; hold ILR and my last entry in the UK was Oct-2011.
    In Aug-Sep 2011, I was back in india. do you experts see any issue for 2 months abroad in last 5 years? should I request employer to initiate SC clearance in Oct?

thanks in advance and this is my first post not sure I posted @right Thread....

No it's not. A couple of minutes browsing the forums would have found its not and would have also turned up a massive sticky all about SC. Instead of apologising take the time to look.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 27 August 2016, 16:00.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Five year's continuous residence in the UK or a Crown Dependency is a minimum requirement...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

thanks - you mean I'll have to wait for Oct to submit my SC clearance form. Or can I submit it in Sep if 5 years backward count is up to Oct-2011?

Comment

Why exactly are we giving SC to Indian nationals?

Comment

Originally posted by aaatech View Post
            thanks - you mean I'll have to wait for Oct to submit my SC clearance form. Or can I submit it in Sep if 5 years backward count is up to Oct-2011?
            You can't apply for SC without already having a job that requires SC clearance. It's called "Security Clearance" for a reason. If you have that job already you can then fill out the forms and see what happens, although I suspect you will be refused but if you don't ask you won't find out. You also won't be told why it wasn't granted if you fail, so there's no point trying to second guess the process.

Now go away and read the whole stickied thread on the subject so you understand it properly
            Last edited by malvolio; 28 August 2016, 09:02.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

SC clearance will take months to complete. If you're starting a job in Oct which needs it in place from day 1 on site then that's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                I'd say it was a fair question, but we all know the answer as to why that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  Big consultancies do it all day long
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                  X