• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best UK Pay As You Go mobile deal for contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best UK Pay As You Go mobile deal for contractor

Hi All

Just a quickie question: I want to know if anyone has found a decent deal Pay-You-As-Go for contractor.
    I walked into a Three shop, locally and I was confused and dazzled by the sales pitch, I didn't bite.

I already have a mobile contract and I use it for my home and private calls. I am using iPhone 6S plus, however my old iPhone 5s is anguishing in a SOHO drawer at the moment. I want a second phone in order to use for contracting sidelines, probably ad-hoc consultancy. I think it will used much less often than my home mobile. Therefore I was looking at PAYG Sim-Only options. I was wondering what deals other contractors have found.

If phone is 3g+ capable then Three's 321.

If phone is not 3g capable then Delight Mobile offering similar 3p/minute, 2p/text, 1p/MB UK rates.

Best I found a few months ago so if any newer/better alternatives I'm all ears. I receive much more calls than I make so better deals will be available for those more sociable than I am where inclusive bundles may keep costs down.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Don't forget, if you want the company to pay for the phone, it should be in YouCo's name and paid from the the bank account.
      Not sure whether you can get away with.
      Firstname: YourCo
      Surname: Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
        Don't forget, if you want the company to pay for the phone, it should be in YouCo's name and paid from the the bank account.
        Not sure whether you can get away with.
        Firstname: YourCo
        Surname: Ltd
        You can't because they have personal and business contracts.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You can't because they have personal and business contracts.
          I should have quoted SWB. I meant giffgaff, and other MVNOs (iD), don't offer business contracts
          Last edited by TheBA; 29 August 2016, 19:34.

Comment

Three were by far the cheapest when I signed up to them, though not being able to access any data or make or receive calls did become a bit of a problem.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              No amount of tax savings was worth that + Giffgaff is a miles cheaper option.
              ^This, why would you bother getting £10-15 / month through the company, when we all know you are not using an all inclusive plan exclusively for business in the first place... Be a better man than the MPs and if your are so determined to rip off Hector - there are better ways of doing it.

Comment

Working...
              X