• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something new for contractors...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General consensus has always been, forget it.

Unsure that's the answer the OP wanted.
    Wonder if he will put up a spirited fight like some of the others
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Whoa there everyone, he asked:

Originally posted by PortSalutBoss View Post
      I am not asking for you to critic [sic] the idea of my site
      And all you've done is critique his awful idea for a terrible site.

Comment

Thanks for the responses so far.

As mentioned in the post I was not looking for a critique of the idea or am I trying to focus on the negative... To go back to my previous question, what do you think makes a recruitment company great, little things they have done that have made your life easier, small services that make a huge difference and/or anything positive that has made you feel more comfortable in working with them.

I dont want the name of companies I just want you guys to give me some positives

if you think this is a terrible idea let me worry about wasting my own time (it is my time after all )

Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
          Don't we get this idea floated every few months?
          Yes, like the proverbial unsinkable, unmashable, unflushable turd we've all done even women.

Comment

T

if you think this is a terrible idea let me worry about wasting my own time (it is my time after all )

Keith.
            Happy for you to waste your time, but I don't want to waste mine, for that reason I'm out
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I know I'm weak but...

Keith.
              Sadly whenever someone comes up with this claptrap I can't help myself pointing out what they would think if they went in a restaurant and the maître d' said "Excuse me, before you sit down can I just check you out on Trip Advisor"?

It's the arrogance.

"How do I choose an agent?"

They choose you!
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                Sadly whenever someone comes up with this claptrap I can't help myself pointing out what they would think if they went in a restaurant and the maître d' said "Excuse me, before you sit down can I just check you out on Trip Advisor"?

It's the arrogance.

"How do I choose an agent?"

They choose you!
                Sorry, I call BS, of course you can choose who to work with, especially in my field.
                It's called building relationships, I have worked a lot with 2 particular guys over the years.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Thanks for the responses so far.

As mentioned in the post I was not looking for a critique of the idea or am I trying to focus on the negative... To go back to my previous question, what do you think makes a recruitment company great, little things they have done that have made your life easier, small services that make a huge difference and/or anything positive that has made you feel more comfortable in working with them.

I dont want the name of companies I just want you guys to give me some positives

Keith.
                  Keith,

I'm not worried about you wasting your own time at all. Go for it.

Surely it's up to agents to try and understand why they're failing, not us to point it out.

It's painfully obvious and always has been though - they should behave as account managers/business development managers rather than salespeople.

There's not much more that needs adding to that.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Keith,

I'm not worried about you wasting your own time at all. Go for it.

Surely it's up to agents to try and understand why they're failing, not us to point it out.

It's painfully obvious and always has been though - they should behave as account managers/business development managers rather than salespeople.

There's not much more that needs adding to that.

In an ideal world you're right. The agents should understand where they fall down but many are so focused on the next "deal" they don't. I don't see why we cant be the ones that help them to wake up. Maybe trip adviser was a bad example of what the site should be, lets not focus on the end product. Lets focus on an idea and one that can be evolved into something that benefits us all.

Your response was fantastic and I would greatly appreciate more like it!

Comment

Keith,

Have you found the plethora of other posts regarding this?
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X