• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client refuses to sign last TWO timesheets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I resigned last Tuesday – started new contract this Wednesday with the required one week notice.

Last week client wanting to talk me out of leaving – nothing to indicate any issues.

Contract is ‘Day’ – no mention of hours.

Client now refuses to sign off waffling on about times he saw me, I have done nothing different to the rest of the contract – some working on the two hour train journey and evening logging on.

Agent is teed off with the client as agent cannot pay me until client signs off.
    It is around three grand as I am weekly.

Anyone had this situation? If I take legal action, would this be against the agent or the client?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Anyone had this situation? If I take legal action, would this be against the agent or the client?
    Legal action would be against the agent.

Have you got evidence of the work you did in the disputed week? That's your best bet if the dispute is that you did the work but they refuse the time sheet.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Can we get this thread as a Sticky, for all those people who come on here asking about the pro's and Con's of bailing out on a contract early

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        Can we get this thread as a Sticky, for all those people who come on here asking about the pro's and Con's of bailing out on a contract early
        Oh dear

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2319838

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You think that's bad, wait till they refuse to pay your last invoice then.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Booooom! Smashed it! I'm on a roll today.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do a search.. It's been done literally 100's of times....Plenty of people in exactly your situation and the advice is always the same.

EDIT : Because it's Wilmslow I'd best link the thread on how to search actually....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
            Last edited by northernladuk; 21 October 2016, 13:51.

Comment

Booooom! Smashed it! I'm on a roll today.
              Nope....you were indeed tantalisingly close.....

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The last timesheet you can have done nothing about but why (when you knew you were going to bail and it might get a bit tasty) did you not get him to sign the previous weeks? I would have made damn sure the timesheet for that week was signed on Friday before I handed in my notice the following Monday). At least then you would only be out one week’s money.

Comment

Do a search.. It's been done literally 100's of times....Plenty of people in exactly your situation and the advise is always the same.

EDIT : Because it's Wilmslow I'd best link the thread on how to search actually....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
                  paging Mudskipper

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    paging Mudskipper
                    How much do you want to edit your quote?

Comment

Working...
                    X