• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuck with a charity client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
    "A Smooth Sea Never Made a Skillful Sailor"
    No, but then a smooth sea never dragged one to an early watery grave, either.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      No, but then a smooth sea never dragged one to an early watery grave, either.
      But it did mean endless drifting in the doldrums until food and water ran out and everyone died a dry desiccated death.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        But it did mean endless drifting in the doldrums until food and water ran out and everyone died a dry desiccated death.
        This thread has become bleak

Comment

Originally posted by Synology View Post
          Many thanks for the replies from everyone.

I understand it is totally my decision to stay or leave but I really want to get inputs from experienced veterans out there.

Thanks to NotAllThere for his advice about references.

To northernladuk: I am not sure about my IR35 status - I do not really understand what that is about. All I know is all my work here is solely about the specific project so I do not consider myself as part and parcel of the organisation. Thanks for highlighting that concern though.

Thanks also go to SueEllen and Lance for their useful suggestions (and mdhd for his/her hint?) about the requirement gathering and the project management although that will be an uphill battle along the way.

I will wait for my potential renewal and decide what to do afterwards. Will come back and post some update...
          No need to post an update just get on and do it.

Then in a few years time when someone is moaning about not getting roles you can explain because you did x on one project and y on another you now have no problems getting roles.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X