• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What % will the agency/consultancy take off my daily rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skysies View Post
    I worked for this client a couple of years ago. At that time I was at £600/day. Now I'm trying to get £800/day. So it's rather a big increase. I'm hoping that the end client agrees. Previously I had to go through both the agency and the consultancy. I believe they dumped the consultancy, so only the agency is left.

Do you think that has a chance to go through?
    TBH you come across as a £150/day type of guy, perhaps work on your communication skills? You do seem a bit clueless, what is your skillset?

Comment

I worked for this client a couple of years ago. At that time I was at £600/day. Now I'm trying to get £800/day. So it's rather a big increase. I'm hoping that the end client agrees. Previously I had to go through both the agency and the consultancy. I believe they dumped the consultancy, so only the agency is left.

Are you absolutely sure you are not part of the reason why the consultancy is no longer in the picture... Either way the consultancy going means that the end client is trying to reduce costs and there is no additional money to take....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As per other comments. Why do you think you can command such a jump in rate ? I would say slim chance based on the info provided but give it a go and call the agents bluff, being prepared to walk if they politely turn you down.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Are you absolutely sure you are not part of the reason why the consultancy is no longer in the picture... Either way the consultancy going means that the end client is trying to reduce costs and there is no additional money to take....
          Yep. Companies are always looking for ways to pay less, not more.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Numero one rule in this game is are you happy with the rate? If yes, take it, if not, move on or negotiate. Don't fret about who's getting what further up the chain, you've no idea what work they are doing to inflate the rate for everyone's benefit.
            Got it in one.....otherwise distractive madness is your mistress.

Comment

How much do you think you are worth a day and can realistically get? Ask for that figure.

Comment

Working...
              X