What's the Longest Daily Commute You'd Be Prepared to Drive? What's the Longest Daily Commute You'd Be Prepared to Drive? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posts 41 to 50 of 60

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    My last office job was 45 minutes away, which meant still not getting home before 6.30. Being WFH all last year the strangest thing was what to do with the time from 5.30 to 6.30; this whole part of the day that was filled with driving for as long as I could remember. (The answer often was to go to the pub.)
    Haha - I totally get this. When I did more WFH I tended to tall into the trap of just keep on working until the wife got home. As it happens, I couldn't actually handle weeks and weeks of WFH - drove me batty.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Haha - I totally get this. When I did more WFH I tended to tall into the trap of just keep on working until the wife got home. As it happens, I couldn't actually handle weeks and weeks of WFH - drove me batty.
    You're alright, I actually had to spend time with my wife!
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    You're alright, I actually had to spend time with my wife!
    WFH for me means the wife gets me to do kids nappies

Fingers like lightning

I spent 2 years driving every other day Middlesbrough>Stevanage.

Never again....
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by VillageContractor View Post
    WFH for me means the wife gets me to do kids nappies
    Just your kids or is she sub-contracting you?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Just your kids or is she sub-contracting you?
    I have enough of my own to keep me busy for most of the day

Super poster

If going to client main office, then it's 3 hours each way ; 30 mins car, 2 hours train, 20 mins tube, 10 mins walk. Leave home at 6-15, walk in to office 9-15. catch up missing work time by working on the train in the morning. Get back home at 8-15 at night. Makes it a blinkin long day.

I do get to WFH when I don't need face time, usually 1-2 days per week.

If I go to client other sites it could be anything from 1.5 hours each way upwards to 4 hours. When i travel out of the UK client pays for flights and hotels, so happy to be away (last year this included 2 weeks in NY, Melbourne and Sydney, so can't complain )

Next contract I will look for something closer - be happy with anything under 1.5 hours each way.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

My post count is Majestic

That's ridiculous. How long have you been doing that?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    +1 I did WFH full time for 3 months, went mental, turned down an extension for a role that paid me less (if I factor in the cost to commute to the office) but saved my sanity!

Current gig I'm work from home 2 or 3 days each week which is the perfect split IMO.

Ddraig Goch

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    If going to client main office, then it's 3 hours each way ; 30 mins car, 2 hours train, 20 mins tube, 10 mins walk. Leave home at 6-15, walk in to office 9-15. catch up missing work time by working on the train in the morning. Get back home at 8-15 at night. Makes it a blinkin long day.

I do get to WFH when I don't need face time, usually 1-2 days per week.

If I go to client other sites it could be anything from 1.5 hours each way upwards to 4 hours. When i travel out of the UK client pays for flights and hotels, so happy to be away (last year this included 2 weeks in NY, Melbourne and Sydney, so can't complain )

Next contract I will look for something closer - be happy with anything under 1.5 hours each way.
    Nuts mun. I see your in the south west so Im guessing client is London? Not cheap on the train....

1-2 days per week wfh. Must admit I'd be temped to stay there for a few nights.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!