• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it bad not to have a signed/countersigned copy of a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I've now got an agency telling me it's not possible to provide a countersigned contract.

As mentioned earlier, I need a copy as it's what mortgage companies etc ask to see when assessing an application.

I'm sure there are other ways verifying that I was in contract but I very much get the feeling this outfit is a one man band & who's to say they'll still be around when I need them to help me out some time down the line?

Their response is

"Unfortunately, the contracts have no place for counter signatures. Contracts are individually sent to the contractor and client"

This particular agency is using an outfit called Sonovate for all their back office operations.

So far not impressed.
    Carbon60 per chance?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

So are the agents saying they have not signed the contract with you?

If so, do you have anything from them (even an email) that says they have agreed to the contract?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        do you have anything from them (even an email) that says they have agreed to the contract?
        No.

But I will have once I've copied all the text from the online version, pasted into word and formatted it and put in 2 placeholders for my signature and the agent's signature.

What a palaver.

Like I said, this agent farms out back office stuff to an outfit called Sonovate & all they want me to do is click a button to confirm I accept the Ts and Cs of the contract.

Comment

Working...
        X