• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your #1 challenge preventing you from doing contract work in UK right now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    To be fair it's a constant issue on here if you challenge someone's world view they expect you to provide links. It shows how bad the British education system has been and is that educated people can't find things themselves.
    Well, no. It's generally expected that those making claims should be the ones to back it up. If I told you the sky was green and to "look it up" you'd laugh.

I happen to agree with the claim, but you can't really mock someone asking for evidence.

Comment

To be fair it's a constant issue on here if you challenge someone's world view they expect you to provide links. It shows how bad the British education system has been and is that educated people can't find things themselves.
      It's also an issue that people don't recognise this in an Internet forum, not an academic paper.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        It's also an issue that people don't recognise this in an Internet forum, not an academic paper.
        So you admit your education was tulip.

BTW I'm on internet forums of less educated people but they have no problems searching for then questioning things.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

BTW I'm on internet forums of less educated people but they have no problems searching for then questioning things.
          You rang
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The International Baccalaureate was OKish.....

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
                So who are these CEOs that keep jumping from company to company and performing these outsourcing deals? Is there evidence in the public domain to support these allegations?
                Ok, Edinburgh City Council outsourced to BT a few years ago, the bloke responsible for that moved to the Scottish Borders Council who have now outsourced to CGI - he's not a CEO as such though.

Comment

City banks are full of such examples.

I know one where someone was told they had to use a Wipro guy even though the day rate was £650 PD
                  Allegedly a "Programme Manager" who struggled to use Excel, BTW.

Have faced similar issues myself and have had to prove the incompetence to get them replaced by good resource.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    City banks are full of such examples.

I know one where someone was told they had to use a Wipro guy even though the day rate was £650 PD
                    Allegedly a "Programme Manager" who struggled to use Excel, BTW.

Have faced similar issues myself and have had to prove the incompetence to get them replaced by good resource.
                    I worked on a project where everyone from Wipro had to be interviewed by someone British at the client. This meant the people we actually got ,regardless of age , could think for themselves and were reasonably competent. Apparently it took about 30 interviews before they got the first person after that Wipro realised they couldn't send the client tulip to be interviewed.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I worked on a project where everyone from Wipro had to be interviewed by someone British at the client.This meant the people we actually got ,regardless of age , could think for themselves and were reasonably competent. Apparently it took about 30 interviews before they got the first person after that Wipro realised they couldn't send the client tulip to be interviewed.
                      Let just say the ones we interviewed weren't always the ones we actually ended up with
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X