What is your #1 challenge preventing you from doing contract work in UK right now? What is your #1 challenge preventing you from doing contract work in UK right now?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 74

Nervous Newbie

Default What is your #1 challenge preventing you from doing contract work in UK right now?

Hi,

My name is David and I am a Java developer from Berlin. Three years ago I made the big move to London in order to work as a contractor for different companies in UK.

Currently I am working as an entrepreneur on a potential business idea and was wondering if there are by any chance any other IT professionals here, who are thinking about coming to UK?

What is your #1 single biggest challenge preventing you from doing some contract work in UK right now?

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by davidbieder; 20th February 2017 at 14:37.

My post count is Majestic

That business idea wouldn't have something to do with IT professionals coming to the UK per chance?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

I got a great idea. Let's leave the EU so we block talented and expensive EU contractors from coming and we get shed loads of cheap Indian contractors in to take their places

Fingers like lightning

UK does not and has not had an IT talent shortage for many years so time to drain the swamp & close the borders..............

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by davidbieder View Post
    Hi,

My name is David and I am a Java developer from Berlin. Three years ago I made the big move to London in order to work as a contractor for different companies in UK.

Currently I am working as an entrepreneur on a potential business idea and was wondering if there are by any chance any other IT professionals here, who are thinking about coming to UK?

What is your #1 single biggest challenge preventing you from doing some contract work in UK right now?

Cheers,
    David

<Personal details removed by moderator>
    The number 1 challenge for anyone is the sheer volume of candidates available.
    The number 2 challenge is the looming PS fiasco and its knock-on into the private sector
    The number 3 challenge is crap migrant workers who are trying to undercut greatly on price and succeeding in undercutting on quality.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Fingers like lightning

The number 4 challenge is cheeky EU contractors posting on here for tips how to undercut us as well!

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by davidbieder View Post
    Hi,

Cheers,
    David

<Personal details removed by moderator>

Brexit, nein ?

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    That business idea wouldn't have something to do with IT professionals coming to the UK per chance?
    Where the hell is DA?

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    The number 1 challenge for anyone is the sheer volume of candidates available.
    The number 2 challenge is the looming PS fiasco and its knock-on into the private sector
    The number 3 challenge is crap migrant workers who are trying to undercut greatly on price and succeeding in undercutting on quality.
    These.

(And too much internet pron)
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    I got a great idea. Let's leave the EU so we block talented and expensive EU contractors from coming and we get shed loads of cheap Indian contractors in to take their places
    Our Indian friends are already waiting to start feeding on the corpse