• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your #1 challenge preventing you from doing contract work in UK right now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your #1 challenge preventing you from doing contract work in UK right now?

Hi,

My name is David and I am a Java developer from Berlin. Three years ago I made the big move to London in order to work as a contractor for different companies in UK.

Currently I am working as an entrepreneur on a potential business idea and was wondering if there are by any chance any other IT professionals here, who are thinking about coming to UK?

What is your #1 single biggest challenge preventing you from doing some contract work in UK right now?

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by davidbieder; 20 February 2017, 14:37.
    David's Blog

That business idea wouldn't have something to do with IT professionals coming to the UK per chance?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I got a great idea. Let's leave the EU so we block talented and expensive EU contractors from coming and we get shed loads of cheap Indian contractors in to take their places

Comment

UK does not and has not had an IT talent shortage for many years so time to drain the swamp & close the borders..............

Comment

Originally posted by davidbieder View Post
          Hi,

My name is David and I am a Java developer from Berlin. Three years ago I made the big move to London in order to work as a contractor for different companies in UK.

Currently I am working as an entrepreneur on a potential business idea and was wondering if there are by any chance any other IT professionals here, who are thinking about coming to UK?

What is your #1 single biggest challenge preventing you from doing some contract work in UK right now?

Cheers,
          David

<Personal details removed by moderator>
          The number 1 challenge for anyone is the sheer volume of candidates available.
          The number 2 challenge is the looming PS fiasco and its knock-on into the private sector
          The number 3 challenge is crap migrant workers who are trying to undercut greatly on price and succeeding in undercutting on quality.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The number 4 challenge is cheeky EU contractors posting on here for tips how to undercut us as well!

Comment

Originally posted by davidbieder View Post
              Hi,

Cheers,
              David

<Personal details removed by moderator>

Brexit, nein ?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That business idea wouldn't have something to do with IT professionals coming to the UK per chance?
                Where the hell is DA?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  The number 1 challenge for anyone is the sheer volume of candidates available.
                  The number 2 challenge is the looming PS fiasco and its knock-on into the private sector
                  The number 3 challenge is crap migrant workers who are trying to undercut greatly on price and succeeding in undercutting on quality.
                  These.

(And too much internet pron)
                  First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    I got a great idea. Let's leave the EU so we block talented and expensive EU contractors from coming and we get shed loads of cheap Indian contractors in to take their places
                    Our Indian friends are already waiting to start feeding on the corpse

Comment

Working...
                    X