• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor to Permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CISCOITCONTRACTOR View Post
    Hi guys. Wondering if you could offer further advice. I now have an interview for a contract role £350 a day 6months gig. I now don't know what to do. Should I go for interview just in case the permie role doesn't pay off? I know I haven't got the job but what happens if I was offered both roles which one should I go for?
    If you struggle this badly with simple stuff I'd just forget the contract interview and go for the permie one in pray like bloody mad you get it. The complicated life is just not for you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Contractor to Permie

I am still fairly new to contracting. Come on guys I'm sure a lot of people have been in similar positions. Just looking for previous experiences and recommendations.

Comment

Keep going for interviews until you actually get a job.

Also, don't waste your time contemplating what decision you might have to make if you get two offers on the table.

What if you don't get offered the permie role?
        What if the permie role offer is a lot different to what you've been told?
        What if you don't bother going for an interview for the contract role?

Don't make decisions (or spend your life worrying) about things that might never happen.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CISCOITCONTRACTOR View Post
          Hi guys. Wondering if you could offer further advice. I now have an interview for a contract role £350 a day 6months gig. I now don't know what to do. Should I go for interview just in case the permie role doesn't pay off? I know I haven't got the job but what happens if I was offered both roles which one should I go for?
          This is really only a question you can answer if you get offered both, depending on your mindset and personal circumstances. Do you want the security (if such a thing exists) and the opportunity to upskill / career progression etc of a perm role, but trade off with all the crap that goes with it? Or do you want the freedom and extra cash that a contract brings, but happy to accept the uncertainty that it can be canned with immediate effect if the client can get the job done cheaper elsewhere?

Comment

Working...
          X