• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Partner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Partner

Has anyone found being a Microsoft Partner provided any real benefits lately as a one man PSC? It used to be good for discounts on software but with multiple Office 365 licenses being thrown at you every time you buy a cheap tablet and SQL Server Developer being free I've not reached a point where it's worth buying the software package. I can still put Microsoft Partner on my CV and business cards and it's free but I'm wondering if there's anything work working on.

The Action Pack is just over £300. It's got most server software, 5 x O365 E3 licenses, £75 a month of azure credits. And a bunch of others.
    Nobody will give you Visio or Project for free and they're included.

No brainer to me.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      The Action Pack is just over £300. It's got most server software, 5 x O365 E3 licenses, £75 a month of azure credits. And a bunch of others.

No brainer to me.
      This ^^^

Comment

Yep my limited company is a Microsoft partner with the Action Pack. I don't use all their software as I'm not a developer but the O365 and windows server licenses are good for me along with Visio.

Comment

Plus....

You get access to the support forums (MS staff answer queries here) with the partnership - and a number of direct calls to Microsoft included for system down, free with the action pack.
          You get the MSDN subscription as well with the action pack - now that DID take some finding!

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
            You get access to the support forums (MS staff answer queries here) with the partnership - and a number of direct calls to Microsoft included for system down, free with the action pack.
            You get the MSDN subscription as well with the action pack - now that DID take some finding!
            Link? (to save the finding)
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

https://my.visualstudio.com/Benefits
              You will need to log in with your MPN account

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

No brainer to me.
                There are non-stop 50% off discount codes for the Action pack, just google for the latest one at renewal. Bringing the price to £165/year which even less than a no brainer.

You also forgot to mention the 2 MSDN subs with extra licenses and Azure credits

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Link? (to save the finding)
                The 2 Technical contacts (or whatever was the name used) on the MPN portal get MSDN subs

Comment

I've had the Action Pack Subscription for years. Never knew there were discount codes! Will be keeping an eye out for them on renewal.

Comment

Despite me specifically saying I wasn't interested in the software on offer you've all gone on about the Action Pack

However, you've made a good case for it

but going back to my original question, is it good for anything else? IR35 avoidance perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                    X