• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture - working for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Hmm. Really not into trying to impress people with working long hours these days.....

A good rate is not so good if you're working 12 hours+ per day. Also, I have no intention of killing myself doing so.

Always the problem with this PWD thing at some places.... If the permies are working 12+ hours for free then they're going to expect the same from highly paid contractor and not be too keen when they moan about it or expect paying extra.
    A grand a day for six months builds quite the warchest; especially when you have no time to spend it either.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Chunts, the lot of 'em. Avoid like the plague at all costs.

Comment

[aside]I worked alongside them once. I found it fascinating. On day one there was 1 of them. There were 3 by the end of the week, ten by the end of the next week and there were over 20 of them a week later. They were all documenting. And you know what? They never spoke a word to us. No eye contact, nothing.

Fascinating. Though not in a good way.[/aside]

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
          [aside]I worked alongside them once. I found it fascinating. On day one there was 1 of them. There were 3 by the end of the week, ten by the end of the next week and there were over 20 of them a week later. They were all documenting. And you know what? They never spoke a word to us. No eye contact, nothing.

Sounds like they assimilate just like the Borg from Star Trek! Resistance is futile

Comment

Standard modus operandi, Land and conquer!!!
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Unfortunately the best people they send will do two days work and three days selling you more Accenture bodies each week.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                A grand a day for six months builds quite the warchest; especially when you have no time to spend it either.
                It aint a grand! lol.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

1996? A trip down memory lane.

1996-1999 I worked next to the Arthur Anderson Birmingham office . Everyone going in and out of there looked absolutely loaded.

The company cars being driven back then by those guys were enough to make even a contractor green. One of them drove in a 7 series mon-thurs and an Lotus on Fridays.

Comment

One of these could be you PC

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Standard modus operandi, Land and conquer!!!
                      "Land and expand" - it's an open secret...
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X