• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Different rate discussed in the interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    If the Clients want's to be transparent, you or the agency can't do anything. Would be a business rule.

There are clients that don't feel comfortable knowing that some agencies (I'm not pointing out because I don't want to look racist) are taking around 50% margins of their money. If is bad or not I believe in the Darwin theory.
    Best absolute nonsense posted for quite a while.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

And with 1928 other close contenders that is saying something.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        And with 1928 other close contenders that is saying something.
        That would make 1929 posts, which exceeds the current post count.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          That would make 1929 posts, which exceeds the current post count.
          Damn I've missed you TF!!!

Sadly that won't be the case for long.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I know, it's a compleat bulltulip from the agencies perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
              I know this has been asked before but my Google search isn't bringing up the threads I recall seeing.

Pre-interview I had as good as no detail on the role so I said I wouldn't commit to a rate. But I did say my previous rate was £Y. To which Agent said he thought that would be higher than they would go. He was thinking roughly £Z. I had the interview today and the client stated "Your rate is £X".

Old rate is still higher than X but there was more involved and direct.
              X = Z + 17%

Assuming I'm successful, I'm not sure how to play this with the agent. The client most likely stated the agents rate, which seems a little high too me.

Am I best going straight in and saying client and I discussed my rate of X?

Thanks
              Originally posted by TheBA View Post
              The interviewer simply stated it at the end when working through the admin at the end. Availability, holidays, etc. It was very matter of fact, your rate is £x. I didn't think it was right to discuss it further at the time.

I'd take X or close to it as it's a local gig
              Are you sure you've been quoted the rate to you by the interviewer? If not you might be getting Z which is what the agent said. If that is the case, you now know the margin, whether that helps or not I dunno.

Comment

Working...
              X