Discipline Discipline
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Discipline

Nervous Newbie

Default Discipline

I am self employed and work for a company who have contracts with NHS trusts. I recently emailed a NHS manager about more work and stated the email as a "personal note".
    The NHS manager has complained to the company with the contract about the email. The company manager has called me to tell me about the complaint and says they will need to follow their complaints procedure which I know nothing about.
    Can they do anything about this "personal note"?

Some things in Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus1731 View Post
    I am self employed and work for a company who have contracts with NHS trusts. I recently emailed a NHS manager about more work and stated the email as a "personal note".
    The NHS manager has complained to the company with the contract about the email. The company manager has called me to tell me about the complaint and says they will need to follow their complaints procedure which I know nothing about.
    What does your contract say about complaints?

My post count is Majestic

You are definitely self employed. Not through a Ltd?

I would take a guess their complaint procedures is for permies so won't apply. What they can do though is a supplier review and just get rid of you. You will have a clause about unreasonable behaviour in your contract so they might pull that and walk you. I can't imagine they will be pleased to hear one of their suppliers is trying to poach work from their client.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Double Godlike!

Set up expensive number to call to complain about your company.

Fingers like lightning

What's a personal note? Did you email trying to get more work from your clients customer?

More time posting than coding

In a permanent state of hatred for orange goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by VillageContractor View Post
    What's a personal note? Did you email trying to get more work from your clients customer?
    Does sound like it from the initial description.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

Did you use your personal email address? If so, investigate whether you had a reasonable expectation of privacy and if this has been breached. Put in a subject access request under the Data Protection Act to see the full correspondence about your email. If you suffer a loss from any breach, then take it from there.* If you used your Ltd's email address or your intermediary company's email address, I would not expect you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

* This may be terrible advice.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

I Am Legend

Yes they can.

You need to find out about their complaints procedure.

Next time be more careful what you put in an email.

More time posting than coding

What on earth did you say in the email?

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

Quote Originally Posted by fidot View Post
    What on earth did you say in the email?
    Are you thinking there's been a terrible misunderstanding about the nature of a Personal Services Company?
    Where there's muck there's brass.