• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Reform Private Sector- News, Rumors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In some ways I hope this happens to force me out of contracting (and the UK).

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
      In some ways I hope this happens to force me out of contracting (and the UK).
      You couldn't have asked for a better time...Now with the political agenda shifting towards ditching austerity and Labour grabbing for power, putting IR35 inside the private sector would be an easy and politically justified win...

Comment

I note that our old enemy David Gauke has been moved from the treasury to Work and Pensions Secretary. I take this as a sign the government now accepts the 'problem' of contracting cannot be dealt with through taxation alone, as 'useful idiots' make the foolish argument that "if we're taxed like employees we should have employment rights".

Rather than roll out the 'off-payroll' rules to the private sector, I suspect we will now be lumbered with measures notionally designed to support 'vulnerable' gig economy workers - yes we'll get our precious 25 days 'paid' holiday per year, but the engager will be required to pay employer's NICs, and our day rates will be pro-rated down to pay for all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkling View Post
          I note that our old enemy David Gauke has been moved from the treasury to Work and Pensions Secretary. I take this as a sign the government now accepts the 'problem' of contracting cannot be dealt with through taxation alone, as 'useful idiots' make the foolish argument that "if we're taxed like employees we should have employment rights".
          Gauke was just following the HMRC line, he was demoted because he was not very good at it...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Gauke was just following the HMRC line, he was demoted because he was not very good at it...
            Have no idea who that guy is...Anyway, I'm trough a consultancy, not directly with the client. So hopefully, even if they implement IR35 in the private sector, it won't apply to cases like mine..

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
              Have no idea who that guy is...Anyway, I'm trough a consultancy, not directly with the client. So hopefully, even if they implement IR35 in the private sector, it won't apply to cases like mine..
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                He's been promoted to Secretary of State at DWP not, demoted.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Meant with irony, anyway.. let's see how this unfolds in the coming months...

Comment

Working...
                  X