• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent wants copy of passport to submit application

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Other forms of ID.
    Go to be photo ID. Not sure what other than passport or driver licence card would qualify if an individual had neither and had no desire to obtain either just for this purpose.

If only the government had gone through with identity cards for everyone.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Funny coincidence but I've just had an agent requesting a scanned copy of the photo page (yeah ok with that) and scan of the front cover??? WTF erm, OK then.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Funny coincidence but I've just had an agent requesting a scanned copy of the photo page (yeah ok with that) and scan of the front cover??? WTF erm, OK then.
        This is fairly normal, the company i worked for wanted front, back, inside and photo. Not the first time that was done either.

I think it is paranoia and as you said earlier in the thread, they have probably been scammed before...
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          This is fairly normal, the company i worked for wanted front, back, inside and photo. Not the first time that was done either.

I think it is paranoia and as you said earlier in the thread, they have probably been scammed before...
          I'm a rebel. I scanned the front of my partners passport and my photo page on the same scan. Want to see if the agent questions how I have the photo page and front cover in the same page... but they won't
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My contract required a copy of passport too. Photocopy was fine if signed by a professional (teacher, doctor, etc). Good thing having a teacher friend

Comment

Originally posted by le3ky View Post
              My contract required a copy of passport too. Photocopy was fine if signed by a professional (teacher, doctor, etc). Good thing having a teacher friend
              Get a doctor friend as well plus a lawyer and an accountant. They all come in useful if you need various forms certified.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was offered a role at a retail bank and was asked to take my passport to one of their branches for a perm employee to take a copy and certify it.

I also had to do this once for a mortgage application with one of the large UK banks.

Comment

Working...
                X