• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn requests from recruiters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn requests from recruiters

Do you accept them all? Do you get a lot?

When I'm on the bench yes, when I'm back in a gig they all get the boot.

No I don't get a lot. Do you?

If you are either new or re-visting your approach to Linkedin you'll find a lot of interesting discussions on how others use it, pros and cons etc. Try something like...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=li...w=1366&bih=638
    Last edited by northernladuk; 27 July 2017, 10:17.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I get quite a few, but I'm a bit selective on who I accept as a connection. If they don't look like they will ever be a useful connection (eg the bloke this morning who is actively looking for new Microsoft people in Bangalore) then I don't connect. If they might be handy either now or in the future then I'll connect to them.

Same as anyone really
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        When I'm on the bench yes, when I'm back in a gig they all get the boot.

No I don't get a lot. Do you?
        I get quite a few a week - they connect, I accept and then nothing happens. Like they just wanted to connect for the fun of it.

Comment

Originally posted by blossom View Post
          I get quite a few a week - they connect, I accept and then nothing happens. Like they just wanted to connect for the fun of it.
          But when they post about a gig it will appear in your feed.

It's mass networking and close to useless really. That's why I'll accept whilst on the bench as I've nothing else to do you and you never know, only takes one gig. Up to you how precious you are about the quality of your feed etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I get quite a few, but I'm a bit selective on who I accept as a connection. If they don't look like they will ever be a useful connection (eg the bloke this morning who is actively looking for new Microsoft people in Bangalore) then I don't connect. If they might be handy either now or in the future then I'll connect to them.

Same as anyone really
            You declined my invite to connect....

Comment

Originally posted by blossom View Post
              How much of your profile is public? It may be that they see a headline like "Project Manager - available now for contract work" and need to connect to see more of your skills. Then they find that it's not worth their time to do anything more with you.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You declined my invite to connect....
                It's the helmet in your profile picture that puts folk off.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  It's the helmet in your profile picture that puts folk off.
                  You talking about my linkedin profile here right?

Comment

I've got 2 profiles on LinkedIn. One for recruiters and one for real people.

Comment

Working...
                    X